Forum Replies Created

Page 1379 of 1462
  • Walter Biscardi

    July 17, 2005 at 5:40 pm in reply to: Matrox One Touch II with FCP

    I only use Maxtor for backup storage and some offline DV work. I use G-Tech, LaCie and Medea for all primary work as these companies develop products which are made for constant audio / video work.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 16, 2005 at 11:06 am in reply to: RAM brand shootout (G5, FCP 5.0)

    Crucial is the only RAM I use and the only one I recommend.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 16, 2005 at 12:40 am in reply to: Unlimited editing fee.

    [Greg] “”What is your fee for unlimited edits to the video? We understand this may be an expensive request; however, have a large university with several campuses and many decision-makers; we need the option of editing the video until all are satisfied. Please email me an additional item for these edits including the total cost.””

    For large, long-term projects I go with day rates. So for a project like this, I would set up something like “Based on the project specs, I anticipate the project will take 10 days to edit and we’ll allow 5 extra days for changes so this will be the rate for 15 full days. Anything beyond those 15 days will be billed at “x” per day.” I also note whether this is an 8 hour or 10 hour day and that any partial day counts as a full day.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 16, 2005 at 12:33 am in reply to: Charactor Generator???

    [Ganer13] “I’m changing over from Priemer Based NLE system to FCP 5.0 and I’m finding the inboard CGM (i.e.. Text, Live Type) ineffective for the type of commercial production that we do 90% of the time, car commercials and furniture store commercials.”

    Use the Title 3D tool under Boris > Title 3D. Much better titling tool and you get a lot of options like edges, glows, shadows, etc…

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 16, 2005 at 12:23 am in reply to: I can’t see it.

    If you’re doing a Batch Capture or a Clip Capture via HD-SDI with FCP 5.0 the clip in your Bin will be a “subclip” icon with no video or audio. You need to trash that icon and import the actual clip from your harddrives.

    Not sure if this was fixed with the FCP 5.0.2 update as I have not tested it yet.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • [chrispy] “Ben is just letting PAL users know about what he has discovered in case they run into the same issue as he had”

    That I understand, I just want to make sure he sends this back as feedback directly to Apple so they can address this. This is the same type of thing that happened in Motion 1.0 where some NTSC presets were upper field first.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 15, 2005 at 2:57 pm in reply to: Scaling inside FCP?

    Are you looking at your computer monitor or external monitor?

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 15, 2005 at 2:57 pm in reply to: fcp HD device control problem

    OS 10.3.9 is not required to run FCP 4.5 (also known as FCP HD). If that’s the version you’re running, you’re better off running OS 10.3.8.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Report that directly to Apple. It has nothing to do with AJA.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • That’s an Apple issue, not an AJA issue. Report that directly to Apple using their feedback tool.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Page 1379 of 1462

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy