Forum Replies Created

Page 1378 of 1462
  • Walter Biscardi

    July 19, 2005 at 11:35 am in reply to: RAID Rage II

    [Tom Matthies] “OK, I’m looking for a recommendation for a proper RAID array. Since this is a home system, I don’t want to (or need to) buy a BIG raid system. Something in the range of about 500Gb to a TB. I’m thinking about a G-Raid, a small Huge system or a (gasp) Lacie 4-disk system. I forget what it’s called…”Biggest disk?” or something like it. Or should I even trust in a Lacie product anymore. Hard to say…”

    Tom, I’ve reviewed both the G-RAID and LaCie Biggest Disk F800 in the Cow Features section. If all you’re doing is DV, then the Biggest Disk is a nice deal with up to 2TB in a small footprint.

    If all you need is 500GB, then a single G-RAID or a single LaCie Big Disk Extreme will function quite nicley. You can also pick up two G-RAID 500’s and stripe them together for more speed.

    There’s no big deal about RAID’ing two FW800’s together. I run FW800’s in both suites depending on what I’m working with. The Fibre Channel array is the main workhorse, but I’ve cut dozens of 8bit SD projects on my FW800’s.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 19, 2005 at 11:31 am in reply to: media manger and motion clips

    [Steve Drew] “You’re quite right Nikei, it’s very poor that this bug has been a part of FCP for so long.”

    Yeah, you’d think by version 5.0 Apple would have fixed this very basic function. Multi-cam is really nice, but the ability to correctly recapture motion effected clips would be so much nicer.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 18, 2005 at 11:41 pm in reply to: Software updates and FCP HD no longer works

    First off, change the password on your machine so no interns have access to it.

    Second, do a search on Apple’s Support page for Quicktime 6.5. There is a Quicktime reverter to Quicktime 6.5 for those who have QT 7.0 installed incorrectly.

    FCP 4.5 runs most stable here on OS 10.3.8. So you may to re-install OS 10.3 and then run the 10.3.8 updater.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 18, 2005 at 10:07 pm in reply to: Legalize Video in FCP

    I just finished 7 episodes of a broadcast series in HD and use a combination of the following:

    3Way Color Corrector
    Broadcast Safe
    Levels
    Proc Amp.

    You need to apply these filters and set them up correctly for your particular project. You need to manually set up each shot for proper color correction and legal levels.

    I save off the filters so I an just drag them down to similar shots as I go along.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 18, 2005 at 2:32 pm in reply to: powerbook set-up for final cut pro 5

    [raju] “Why not capture the footage from the camera into the internal hard disk, and then copy the footage from the internal hard disk onto the firewire drive.”

    Because the internal drive is really not fast enough for this purpose and you’re going to cause a tremendous amount of fragmentation to your internal drive if you make this a regular practice.

    never good to capture directly to the main system drive on any machine.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 18, 2005 at 2:31 pm in reply to: RAID Rage

    [Mo] ”
    Anyone have a systematic way to figure things out?”

    Always best to work with the RAID manufacturer with issues like this. I have used Medea for years and they always work directly with me if I have any SCSI or Fibre Channel issues.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 18, 2005 at 2:29 pm in reply to: mac dont shutdown

    Generally this happens when the Mac can’t “put away” the media drives. Try ejecting your SCSI drives and any media drives before you shut down.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 18, 2005 at 11:59 am in reply to: Black the Timecode for the Whole Tape?

    I simply manually set my starting timecode on the tape deck at 00:58:30:00 and just black about 10 seconds or so. Then I set my In Point on the deck at 58:40:00 and my In Point on my timeline at 58:40:00 and make an Assemble edit.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 18, 2005 at 11:56 am in reply to: mac dont shutdown

    depending on how much media is on your media drives, it can take up to 5 minutes for a G5 to shut down.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 17, 2005 at 10:22 pm in reply to: Final Cut 4 crashing

    You’ve posted absolutely no information about your system and haven’t included anything in your Profile either so my only suggestion is to update to FCP 4.5 and see if that fixes it.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Page 1378 of 1462

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy