Forum Replies Created

Page 1380 of 1462
  • Walter Biscardi

    July 15, 2005 at 12:22 pm in reply to: AJA, Aurora, Lacie, Media?????

    [NIck] ”
    For offline firewire if fine, the Graid seems to be the drive of choice, although I use Lacie Big disks ( i will wait for the criticism).”

    no criticism here, Big Disk Extremes from LaCie are solid.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 15, 2005 at 11:50 am in reply to: ADVC100 and LaCie Drives – maximum limit?

    In theory you can daisy chain 64 Firewire devices together. In reality, 2 or 3 is realistic. I can sometimes get 3 drives to daisy chain to at least move media around, but it doesn’t work well to try and edit this way.

    PCI card just works better with more drives. You should be able to run 2 or 3 drives with no issues off the card. the card we have here has 3 FW800 ports.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 15, 2005 at 11:07 am in reply to: DV to uncompressed–the best way?

    [Mark Lyon] “We tried capturing through the mac’s firewire port to 8-bit uncompressed media at 720×486, but the results looked noticeably soft when compared with native DV 720×480 files placed on the timeline and rendered.”

    Capture the 8 bit via the Kona 2, not via Firewire and the results will be clean. But you’ll need a deck with SDI output to accomplish this. The other way to do this is to pick up an Io LA which allows for Analog I/O. You can capture through the LA and edit using the K2.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 15, 2005 at 10:59 am in reply to: fairy-dust transition?

    You can easily create this in Motion. Just create the sparkle trail in Motion with an Alpha Channel and then do a soft wipe underneath. the particles from WonderTouch are really really nice for this application.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 15, 2005 at 10:58 am in reply to: ADVC100 and LaCie Drives – maximum limit?

    [Al Sinclair] “Would a firewire PCI card help?”

    Yes.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 15, 2005 at 10:57 am in reply to: AJA, Aurora, Lacie, Media?????

    [frogpond1] “We use DVCam, our deck is a DSR45 which is currently controlled through our Avid so we need deck control. Thoughts, ideas, suggestions greatly appreciated.”

    I’ll second Jerry, for DVCAM, all you need is the G5. Deck control and Audio / Video will pass through via Firewire.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 15, 2005 at 10:55 am in reply to: Take a look at this!

    I still like my own “HD Uncompressed” workstation in a box. Much more practical than that. Though it does remind me of that old commercial where the guy was cutting the diamond in the back of a car while it rode over very bumpy roads to show how smooth the ride was.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • [Paul Ingvarsson] “I’ve been editing an HD job with the fields sequence preset option set to ‘none’. (due to wanting my DVE’s etc to be rendered progressive as opposed to fields)”

    This will result in problems when laying back to tape. You must render in the correct field order for what tape forma you’ll be laying back to or you’re likely to get interlacing issues. Progressive (none) rendering should only be used for a progressive layback format such as 720p.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 14, 2005 at 7:36 pm in reply to: Can not insert edit.

    [RSieben] “If all else fails, Aja’s tech support is outstanding and will more than likely be able to help troubleshoot.”

    I’d second that, I’m sure the AJA gang will get you back up and running pretty quickly.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Cow Appreciation day is just an udderly cool event. I mean, the cream always rises to this occasion. Why, we’d all just be whipped without a day to party. I always feel a little, well, I don’t know, kinda half and half if I don’t get my daily fill of the Cow.

    Too cool that Bessie gets her very own day to partay. Going on four years grazing here in the pasture. There’s not much I can say but, “Thank You” to everyone here for making it such a fun time.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Page 1380 of 1462

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy