April 19, 2006 at 11:44 pm
in reply to: NAB Rumors
Hey Peter! You gonna fly over the Atlantic for this show?
You have to see the flying pigs… LOL… I’ve been asked to demo the barbecue feature of the flying pig pro product. Yes I realize I’ve broken my NDA OOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
If you turn on the Limit capture now captures in the scratch disk settings to some sort of file size limit, the system will allocate that disk space before it starts the capture… suppose that’s what’s going on?
Might be a coincidence that this happened at the same time a reinstall happened… However can you reimport these files (not reconnect, but import them again) and see if just replacing the old references with these newly imported versions works for you.
Try using the intermediate codec. Some HDV formats are not supported in FCP BTW… might post what the format that was shot is, and expecially from which camera. JVC and Canon Cameras shoot formats that aren’t supported directly in FCP…