Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › Final Cut 5.1 wont recognize my camera for external preview!

  • Final Cut 5.1 wont recognize my camera for external preview!

    Posted by Joseph Wilkins on April 17, 2006 at 7:49 pm

    I have my DVX100 hooked up to my G5 and I can clearly see it in apple system profiler and can even use the onboard mic on it for the voice over tool within FCP, yet when I open FCP it gives me the “Unable to loacte the Apple Firewire NTSC (720×480)” warning box. Go figure. Thus I cannot preview video on my external monitor when I am editing in FCP 5.1. I have tried VIEW-Refresh video device and turning on and off video preview. PLEASE HELP!

    thanks

    Jerry Hofmann replied 20 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy