Forum Replies Created

Page 1366 of 1462
  • Walter Biscardi

    August 2, 2005 at 12:22 pm in reply to: FCP Editing Consoles

    I’ve always built my own up to this point, (you can see them on my website) though recently I was at another shop where the Flame artist has a really neat, very old farmhouse kitchen table. It was about 6 feet long and just a very thick butcher block type of top. It really was different and inviting to the client.

    So I found a few tables at a local store called Cost Plus World Market and am going to do a similar thing. I have a monitor shelf and speaker stands that will be mounted to the table, but for the most part, it will just be a big table. I like the fact that it’s different and more “client friendly” than a true editing desk. The table will run about $400 plus another $100 to modify.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    August 2, 2005 at 2:23 am in reply to: FCP 5.0 & Tiger update

    FCP 5 and Tiger have been remarkably smooth and stable here since install. I went the full clean install route by erasing my harddrive and starting from scratch with Tiger. OS and FCP updates installed smoothly and operation is still smooth. FCP 5 / Tiger is quite snappy.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    August 2, 2005 at 2:21 am in reply to: FCP 5 won’t start, help!!

    Trash the FCP Prefs and restart the machine. see if that helps.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 31, 2005 at 3:09 pm in reply to: Still not happy with titles in FCP

    [David Battistella] “there will still be a loss whn you are going to the DVCPROHD codec. It was designed to make images look fantastic and sometime graphics suffer.”

    Actually, I’ve found the DVCPro HD codec to be completely pristine for graphics and After Effects animations. I was pleasantly surprised by this and in some cases, the graphics look even cleaner than the video.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 31, 2005 at 3:07 pm in reply to: DVD+R material

    If it’s a formatted (i.e. burned disc) then it should show up normally. If you’re trying to burn to it, most Macs only support DVD-R discs. The newest G5’s and those with the newer SuperDrive now support both +/- R for burning.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 31, 2005 at 11:56 am in reply to: Still not happy with titles in FCP

    Are you using the regular FCP Titler or the Boris Title 3D titler? The FCP version is terrible, the Title 3D is very clean as it uses vector based titles.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 30, 2005 at 10:59 am in reply to: Kona 2 or Decklink HD Pro card?

    I tested both and went with the Kona 2. Am cutting a broadcast series in HD and recently added a second Kona 2 to the shop. Outstanding quality and tech support is outstanding.

    The DVCPro HD codec is Apple / Panasonic and they both use that same codec.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 30, 2005 at 10:55 am in reply to: Black Frames in FCP5

    without any information about your system or the format you’re working with, it’s pretty hard to give advice. dropped frames are generally a result of poor data throughput from your media hard drive.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • [Peter Wiggins] “Why the surgery? I’ve moved my G5 & XSR half the way round the world”

    Because I wanted the G5 to fit snugly into a travel rack so once I get on site, I just pop open the boxes and start editing. The only thing I need to do is hook up the cables and set the monitor in place. Besides, it was fun taking out some aggression on the old G5 for all the crashes that have come at a bad time. 🙂

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 29, 2005 at 11:16 am in reply to: Four Channel Audio Mix to Tape

    First you go into your Sequence Settings > Audio Output Tab. Set that to Four Channels and then set whether you want them to be two sets of Stereo pairs or Dual Mono. With my shows it’s a full mix on Channels 1 and 2 with a split mix on channel 3 and 4 so I leave 1/2 as a Stereo Pair and make 3/4 Dual Mono.

    Then Right Click (or control+click) the audio track name (A1, A2, A3, etc..) and a drop down window will appear to allow you assign the output channel of that track.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Page 1366 of 1462

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy