Forum Replies Created

Page 1365 of 1462
  • Walter Biscardi

    August 2, 2005 at 8:54 pm in reply to: FCPs basic 3D vs. Continuum DVE

    Continuum Complete is the one set of plug-ins I recommend for everyone. They’re a great “swiss army knife” of effects that are useful across the board.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    August 2, 2005 at 8:53 pm in reply to: H264 / h263 encoding problems with Windows PC?

    You must have Quicktime 7 installed on the PC to view H.264. It’s now available for public preview at the Quicktime section on Apple’s site.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Apple Pro Training is located in Boston, that would probably not be too far.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    August 2, 2005 at 8:03 pm in reply to: new life for a Pinnacle B.O.B.

    [Bob Vick] “I currently have a Cinewave setup with an analog BOB. I am replacing the Cine card but I wonder if I can continue using the Pinnacle Box with the new card, either BMD or Kona.”

    Nope, the connections are completely different on the Kona 2 board BMD Boards.

    I switched from CineWave to the Kona 2 and have recently added a second Kona 2 setup.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    August 2, 2005 at 6:37 pm in reply to: HD 24p firewire output problems

    [JeremyG] “Get yourself an HD capture card and monitor though HD-SDI instead of firewire.”

    actually, with the Kona 2 you can also monitor via Component which is what I do here.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    August 2, 2005 at 6:18 pm in reply to: hd with fcp 4

    [nicolas] ”
    i use the basic card sold in my g5. geforce fx 5200. will it work.”

    No, that’s your display card to drive your monitor. You need a video capture card such as the AJA Kona 2 or the BlackMagic series of cards.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    August 2, 2005 at 5:59 pm in reply to: Final Cut 5.0 with Tiger definitely slower

    I actually found a mixed bag here when I upgraded my Dual 2.0 G5 to Tiger / FCP 5. Everything is snappier as far as operation while some renders are faster, some are slower. If you’re using the newest high quality render settings for the Motion Effects tab, then yes the renders will be slower because it’s a higher quality render than FCP 4.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    August 2, 2005 at 5:56 pm in reply to: hd with fcp 4

    [nicolas] “is it possible to do an acquisition of HD footage with the FCP 4?”

    Sure, you could do it with FCP 2 and I think even FCP 1.25 could do it. You just need the correct capture card to support the HD format and of course fast enough drives. I run the AJA Kona 2 with a set of Medea Fibre Channel arrays.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    August 2, 2005 at 3:03 pm in reply to: Real Time Effects

    Realtime has very little to do with RAM and a lot to do with hard drive speed and data throughput. you need fast drives to get realtime effects. For instance, my FW800 drives give me plenty of RT running DV material, but not as much running 8bit uncompressed. But my Fibre Channel array gives me a ton of realtime from DV to HD.

    On a slower drive system, simply drop the quality of the playback in the timeline and that will allow you to edit with more RT effects, then switch to high quality and render when you’re ready to output.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    August 2, 2005 at 12:28 pm in reply to: HD 24p firewire output problems

    Are you watching the playback during recording? If so, you need to view the tape AFTER it’s recorded. There is an issue with the 1200A showing black, out of sync appearing video during record using Firewire. You need to play the video back after it’s recorded to check it.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Page 1365 of 1462

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy