Forum Replies Created

Page 1367 of 1462
  • Walter Biscardi

    July 29, 2005 at 11:12 am in reply to: Kona 2 SDI to component??

    What you will want to do is either pick up an AJA Component to SDI converter or pick up an AJA Io LA which will give you full Analog I/O which will work alongside the Kona 2.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 28, 2005 at 8:52 pm in reply to: Downconverting with 1200A deck

    Yes, it can be done via Firewire. A series I’m working for here did this very thing during a video shoot where they simultaneously rolled on DVCAM decks using Firewire output.

    What you do is set up the deck to play 720p out as 480i and that will do the cross convert. I think there are several menu settings but you will be able to do this. If it doesn’t work, email me and I’ll get the DP to send me his settings.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 28, 2005 at 8:50 pm in reply to: compressing to mpg2

    That’s the way MPEG-2 works. Video and audio are separate. I always take the audio file and turn it to Dolby before going to DVD.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • I’m setting up a SAN here as well, but I’m incorporating the Medea FCR2X arrays. I feel they’re better for the money and tech support is second to none.

    I plan to keep the project files on the local machines and then if they need to go somewhere else, they can easily be copied to the server and pulled down to whichever machine needs it.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Maxtor is not a drive I recommend to anyone who is doing serious video work, that is, you’re earning your livlihood from your work. LaCie, G-Tech and WiebeTech are all good firewire drives for A/V work.

    A lot of dropped frames comes from two things: drive speed and media management. Drive speed depends on the connection, how fragmented a drive is and the drive itself. On the Media Management side, if you have your media spread out too much on the drive, then that can cause dropped frames. I’ve seen people create multiple folders for media from a single project on a drive and FCP can drop frames.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 28, 2005 at 2:37 pm in reply to: Can’t render

    [Kenny Powerass] “I recently had to trash my preferences and I changed my scratch disk at the same time (not to a new drive, but to my usual drive). Did I screw something up when I did that?”

    Yep. You need to re-set all your Render Prefs. Go to Sequence > Render All (and Render Selection). You need to reset those parameters.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 28, 2005 at 1:31 pm in reply to: Advice

    First off, if you’re going to use FCP for a large scale project, you want to upgrade to a G5 and FCP 5.0. FCP 3 is a clunker compared to the new version.

    Second, on this forum of course people are going to suggest FCP so that’s a no brainer.

    All I can say is that I’ve cut on Media 100, AVID and Final Cut Pro and for my money, there is no better NLE out there than FCP. Been cutting with it for four years, have 4 or 5 various FCP cutting stations from portable to uncompressed HD, have won numerous national awards with projects off the box and am now cutting a national broadcast series in high def. The system works and it works well enough to grow my business year to year.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 28, 2005 at 1:26 pm in reply to: Title crawl styles crashes FCP

    [alan lacey] “My fault for not making myself clear, I mean’t how do I search for corrupt fonts with FontBook”

    Select a font or group of fonts, then use “Validate Font” under the File menu.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • [AppleFreak] “So, I actually need to have the project layed into an SD timeline for mastering, I need to add some things into the letterboxed area.”

    If you’re doing a straight downconvert, no you leave your timeline as an HD timeline and play it straight out. The Kona 2 will downconvert it on the way to your SD deck.

    If you’re wanting to add material to the letterboxed area, then yes, you’ll need to set up a 29.97 SD 8 or 10bit timeline and re-size the footage to however you want it to look. You’ll then have to render out the entire timeline before mastering.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 28, 2005 at 1:15 pm in reply to: Title crawl styles crashes FCP

    [alan lacey] “Jerry you posted that FontBook could check for corrupt fonts. I cant find it in Panther, is there a knack?”

    It’s in the Applications Folder.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Page 1367 of 1462

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy