Forum Replies Created

Page 156 of 247
  • Tom Daigon

    December 12, 2011 at 7:56 pm in reply to: New GPU Wierdness

    Its just fine. I have the same thing and it functions as it should.

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    December 11, 2011 at 11:48 pm in reply to: ppro cs 5.5, video monitor not playing back

    Sorry Hans. Id love to help you , especially since we have the same basic system, but I use the AJA Kona 3 for external monitoring.

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    December 11, 2011 at 10:48 pm in reply to: Making changes in Premiere after mixing in Audition

    Not sure what other apps that include an NLE and Audio software you are referring to. FCP and Soundtrack Pro promoted the ability to do what you are requesting, but it was hit and miss. I dont know of any otherNLE / Audio editor that have any “dynamic link type” relationship that can update one when the other is changed. Its a whole different situation then the PrP and AE link, which has its issues as well.

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    December 10, 2011 at 8:12 pm in reply to: Render & Replace AE Comps linked in Premiere

    Great idea! Thanks for submitting to Adobe.

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    December 8, 2011 at 10:44 pm in reply to: The more I work with PPro the worse it gets

    Robert-“thinking about mastering to Animation or uncompressed if round tripping or multi generation work is needed because that should achieve the same result.”

    The only drawback being the files will be HUMONGOUS. And probably not a viable solution for anything longer then a commercial.But a good thought.
    The prolonged export times seems to be a real albatross that needs to be cut loose.

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    December 8, 2011 at 2:28 pm in reply to: What am I missing here? non existant playback

    I think the culprit here is BMD, not Adobe. I have a Kona 3 and with recent drivers I have had ZERO problems with playback or output thru AME.
    Just sayin….

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    December 7, 2011 at 5:49 pm in reply to: What am I missing here? non existant playback

    If it were AJA I would tell you to call their wonderful Tech Support. Thats one of many reasons I dont buy BM. Dont like their products or support. But that doesnt help you right at the moment.

    If you are having problems with just Adobe sequences I suggest you recall Adobe support and ask specifically for Vinay who is extremely talented and helpful.

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    December 7, 2011 at 4:59 pm in reply to: What am I missing here? non existant playback

    I dont usr BM (prefer AJA) but the first thing to do is make sure you are using the most current drivers.

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    December 7, 2011 at 4:56 pm in reply to: OMF Export – out of synch when importing to DAW

    Karl from Adobe suggested on another forum to export OMF to Audition then export OMF from Audition for use in your DAW. Havent used process, just passing the info along.

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    December 5, 2011 at 7:11 pm in reply to: No Quicktime Presets

    Good luck!

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

Page 156 of 247

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy