Forum Replies Created

Page 157 of 247
  • Tom Daigon

    December 5, 2011 at 5:53 pm in reply to: No Quicktime Presets

    QuickTime X may be the problem. Go to your original Snow Leopard installation disk. On it is QT 7 (somewhere). Remove X and install 7. Thats what I did and all the codecs were then accessible by CS5.

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    December 4, 2011 at 10:15 pm in reply to: Contemplating a switch from Mac to PC?

    Keith, actually my system (listed below my signature) works really well. Im just looking for even better performance and want to break away from Crapple ASAP.

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    https://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    December 4, 2011 at 10:11 pm in reply to: XDCAM Audio Import Issues

    Congrats Gerry! Im glad dynamic link is now working for you.

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    December 3, 2011 at 9:51 pm in reply to: Contemplating a switch from Mac to PC?

    Keith, glad to help. Lets us know how things go.

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    December 3, 2011 at 5:42 pm in reply to: XDCAM Audio Import Issues

    Gerry – I stabilize the second shot and my first shot in PP gets switched out with second shot I stabilized.

    This is a classic case of PP getting confused. It usually is a result of have 2 AE PROJECTS with the same name. I find it best to have 1 AE project per Premiere project. Then I create separate COMPS for each clip that needs dynamic linking.

    When Premiere sees 2 AE projects (one for each DL clip you create) it gets confused and images get switched. This is a naming convention problem with the software at this point. Yes its a problem but the work around is easy once you understand how it works. Reread my previous step by step description for further clarification. Good luck 😀

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    December 3, 2011 at 5:16 pm in reply to: XDCAM Audio Import Issues

    If you follow the workflow I told you about, you most likely would not have the problem with dynamic link. 😀 It sounds like you are doing the EXACT thing I said will create problems.Im sure this problem with naming conventions will be addressed soon.

    I guess you’re not interested in troubleshooting the issue with XDcam since you didn’t respond to my offer.

    I can understand your frustration since I have a few of my own with the software. If you are real unhappy try Avid 6, but I see on their web forum users are unhappy with several issues as well.

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    December 3, 2011 at 4:33 pm in reply to: XDCAM Audio Import Issues

    Gerry, I use DL with AE a lot. And have found a workflow that avoids any issues than can crop up . The trick that I find helps me a lot is this.

    When I return to a project that already has some dynamic links I just select on of those linked clips and select “Edit Original”. That opens the preexisting AE project. Then when I am ready to send a regular clip over, the AE project is already open and a new comp is created.

    If when returning to an existing PrP / AE project, I just select the regular clip and select “Make an AE Project” it will create a new project with a similar name to the Original AE project and that where things get screwed up.

    As to problems with XDCAM, I havent done any projects with that format so unfortunately I have no helpful comments there. My work with P2/MXF, 5D, Prores, Motion-JPEG and a few others has gone smoothly. Sorry to hear that has not been your experience. If you have a XDcam clip youd like me to try to work with, Id be glad to help.

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    December 3, 2011 at 4:14 pm in reply to: Contemplating a switch from Mac to PC?

    The 30% boost idea is based on the purchased of the latest mobo and processor technology as communicated to me by Eric at ADK. They sold both Macs and PCs until recently. Since you are familiar with software technical details, I think a call to Eric might be a good source of information about hyperthreading and other questions you might have.

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Tom Daigon

    December 3, 2011 at 6:11 am in reply to: Contemplating a switch from Mac to PC?

    Hi Keith. Easy question. Nope. There are lots of reports from folks with newer machines that they are having major issues with Adobe CS5, my NLE of choice. Computer geeks I respect have educated me as to why hyperthreading on the Mac is not as good on the PC. Ive lost any trust for Apple supporting the Pro market after the FCP XXX debacle.
    I have called ADK who takes an active presence on the Adobe forum and have CS5 running in their shop.
    Eric is well versed in what editors want and need. He took the time to listen then suggest a configuration for me. I will wait until after NAB, but Crapple will soon be a distant memory and a 30% performance boost is in my future.

    ADK https://www.adkvideoediting.com/

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

  • Makes sense.

    Tom Daigon
    Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
    http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
    Mac Pro 3,1
    8 core
    10.6.8
    Nvidia Quadro 4000
    24 gigs ram
    Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
    Kona 3

Page 157 of 247

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy