Forum Replies Created

Page 237 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    November 29, 2012 at 1:13 pm in reply to: Rotating around a common origin

    Go to Layer > New > Null Object and move that object to where you want the layers to rotate around(this will be the anchor point for both your text and shape layer now). Now parent both layers to the null object. Finally rotate the null object and both layers should rotate in the way you want.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 29, 2012 at 1:09 pm in reply to: Extract TV screen from a clip, AE

    This is how I would do this if I were doing this. I would take the clip you want to insert into the new tv and put it into a pre-comp and then stabilize the image. If the image is shaking in your final effect, it’s not going to look right. If there isn’t much movement, either of AE’s stabilizers should work.

    Once the image is stabilized, look below your comp window and locate the Region of Interest button(it’s to the right of the resolution pull down), press that and crop to just around your TV image Go to the menu bar Composition > “Crop Comp to Region of Interest”. Your composition will now be the size of the TV Video you want to insert.

    Drop this comp into your final comp and apply the effect Distort > Corner Pin and fit the image into your tv. Now apply the tracking data to your corner pinned layer and it should look like it’s part of the image.

    Finally you might want to add some glow to the video image, or duplicate the layer and play with transfer modes, to give it more of a tv that’s emitting light type of look. Here’s a quick project I made using your pictures with the effects and stacking order. 5018_stackingorderfolder.zip

    If this is something you may have to do in the future, you will want to learn how to use Mocha. It’s a free tracking software that comes with AE(they have 100’s of tutorials on there site and 100’s more have been done by other people). After Effects Tutorial – Corner pinning with Mocha for CS5

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 28, 2012 at 8:13 pm in reply to: Creating Splash

    Are you looking for something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzabCu-wSLM

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 28, 2012 at 12:41 pm in reply to: Batman style search light logo projection

    Here’s a link to an older tutorial that I think should get you going down the right path: Using Projection Layers to create a gobos and projector type effects.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 27, 2012 at 2:57 pm in reply to: Fixing a white background

    Here’s the image(wasn’t embedded correctly

    https://images.creativecow.net/107296/sequence09.still001.jpg

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 27, 2012 at 2:17 pm in reply to: arranging folders

    I have a template project I use for my project panel. Each time I start a new project, I open my template and then save it with a new name. I have default folders for Audio, Grx, Precomps, Soids and Video. If necessary I will add sub-folders, GRX_Logos, GRX_Textures, Precomps_Text, Precomps_Noise and so on. I also have keep a camera rig in there too.

    Here’s my template if it helps: 5002_aetemplate.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 27, 2012 at 1:16 pm in reply to: How can i to create an effects like this?

    There is always going to be a cut or dissolve between the 2 shots, the question is how seamless can you make the transition and hide the fact that a cut took place.

    Do you have an idea of how you want to change from one person to the next? Do you want one person to morph into the other?

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • You need to make an animation preset. Create your position,scale and rotation for one layer. Press UU quickly to open up the changed properties for the layer and select them all. Now just go to the menu bar Animation > Save Animation Preset and give it a name and save it.

    It should appear in your Effects & Presets window under the user presets. I don’t do scripting, but if someone came up with script or macro to automatically apply that preset to your layers, you’d be all set.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 26, 2012 at 12:50 pm in reply to: Expression Comp Duration

    Check out this thread: https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/227/10693#21828

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • If you are using the clone tool(paint effect), select the layer and press “e” to reveal your effects and you should have a paint effect. Twirl that down and there will be a layer for each clone you made. You can move these layers on the timeline to where you want them to start and extend the end points if you need to lengthen the duration.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 237 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy