Forum Replies Created

Page 236 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    December 4, 2012 at 2:03 pm in reply to: Wrap text behind and around an object

    When you say “behind an object” is the object part of some video?

    If that’s the case, first step is to duplicate the video layer. Next you would mask out/isolate the object you want the text to go behind. If the object doesn’t move a simple mask will generally do the trick, but if you want the text to go behind something that is moving, then you will probably need to do a frame-by-frame rotoscope. The last step would be to animate some text in between your top layer with the isolated object and your bottom layer with the rest of the video.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 4, 2012 at 1:49 pm in reply to: Stretching many keyframes on the timeline

    Select all your keyframes, hold down alt, click the last keyframe and move it to your new end position.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 3, 2012 at 4:50 pm in reply to: top feature requests for After Effects in 2012

    Will you be adding a “fix it in post” button. The producers I work with keep referring to it, but I haven’t been able to find it yet.

    —Thanks for the update Todd.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 3, 2012 at 3:46 pm in reply to: Chroma Key Goes Black instead of transparent.

    Glad I could help.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 3, 2012 at 1:04 pm in reply to: Extract TV screen from a clip, AE

    I can assure you that at one point, I spent just as long trying to figuring this stuff out.

    Glad I was able to help.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 3, 2012 at 1:01 pm in reply to: Link layer scale to rotobrushed background

    I would suggest you use Mocha for this, it’s a planar tracker that comes bundled with AE. Check out these videos from Mocha

    https://www.imagineersystems.com/videos/mocha-ae-v2.5/view

    Few features have been updated since this one was released, but it should help get you started:

    https://www.imagineersystems.com/videos/mochav2_quickstart_tutorial.m4v/view

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 2, 2012 at 2:09 pm in reply to: How do I delete a post on Creative Cow?

    There isn’t a way to delete a post. Also as a head’s up, you can only edit for 30 minutes or until someone else posts replies to your post.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    December 1, 2012 at 6:59 am in reply to: Chroma Key Goes Black instead of transparent.

    When you mean transparent, do you want the checkerboard pattern? Under your comp window, just press the check board icon to get that pattern.

    The reason it’s screen is going black is because when you set up you new comp, that’s the default background color. If you press “Cntl+K” you can change the background color to anything you want.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 29, 2012 at 4:16 pm in reply to: Rotating around a common origin

    Glad I could help.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 29, 2012 at 1:17 pm in reply to: Putting Text on Building

    Along with adding some transparency to the text, try some of the different blending modes. You will pick up a little more of the building wall and will help to weather/integrate your sign on to the wall.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 236 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy