Forum Replies Created

Page 400 of 508
  • Export an EDL of a copy of the sequence after you’ve removed the HDV clips from it. This will end up with a list that contains the TC of only the HDCAM footage.

    Jerry

  • Jerry Hofmann

    July 8, 2006 at 7:34 pm in reply to: Trouble keying Photoshop Targas in Final Cut

    Yeop… save the tga files in the RGB colorspace. I’ll bet they are in CMYK…

    Jerry

  • Jerry Hofmann

    July 8, 2006 at 7:33 pm in reply to: Rendering causes gray viewer

    How did you import the video? After demuxing it? If so, try exporting the offending clips using QuickTime Conversion to the codec that matches your sequence settings… DV or whatever. Then edit with these files.

    Jerry

  • Jerry Hofmann

    July 8, 2006 at 11:11 am in reply to: HDV import into FCP 5.0.4- Help is needed!!

    If you don’t the jagged edges are ‘probably” not there but only show up in your canvas… If you monitor externally, you’d probably not see them. course this takes more gear. It’s the ‘hidden’ costs of working in HDV, you neeed to be able to monitor externally…

    Jerry

  • Jerry Hofmann

    July 8, 2006 at 11:08 am in reply to: HDV import into FCP 5.0.4- Help is needed!!

    Funny you should ask. I’m writing an aricle about HDV and FCP in the next issue of the COW magazine. Do you have a capture card capable of capturing the HDV as something else?

    Jerry

  • Jerry Hofmann

    July 8, 2006 at 10:58 am in reply to: Print to Video

    Might try exporting the sequence as a self contained QuickTime movie and printing that to tape…

    Jerry

  • Ya live and learn every day or I figure you’re dead.

    Might do as I’ve suggested but make the DV clips offline, mm the sequence and recapture the DV as 10 bit… If your running 5.1.1, even speed changes are being Media Managed accurately I hear.

    Jerry

  • Jerry Hofmann

    July 6, 2006 at 8:51 pm in reply to: Black comes as Green in FCP

    Trash your preference file for FCP… it will fix this I bet.

    Jerry

  • I don’t think so. When you put the uncompressed files into the DV sequence, you in effect converted them to DV… However if you do as you suggest, you could simply do a match frame and replace edit for each of the Uncompressed clips… (will be very fast in fact this way, you’ll not lose anything but filters) thus assigning the browser clips to remain 10 bit uncompressed.

    Jerry

  • Jerry Hofmann

    July 6, 2006 at 2:27 pm in reply to: m2t files into fcp, batch solution ?

    You probably need to buy Lumiere HD for the HDV files. I’m thinking you might not if the footage is 30fps… but if it’s other than that I’m sure you’ll need that software. https://www.lumierehd.com

    Jerry

Page 400 of 508

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy