Forum Replies Created

Page 393 of 508
  • Jerry Hofmann

    July 30, 2006 at 11:07 pm in reply to: file error: unknown file

    Create a new project file. Name it. Save it. Then copy everything from the old to the new… then save again.

    Jerry

  • Jerry Hofmann

    July 30, 2006 at 8:27 pm in reply to: Nesting – tips for trimming?

    I usually edit them fat at either end of the clip so I can trim the nest back to account for the transitions…

    Jerry

  • Jerry Hofmann

    July 29, 2006 at 4:43 am in reply to: Why can’t FCP find my deck?

    You could capture to the local drive, then move the media with the media manager (use copy then reconnect before you trash the originals) but that’s a pain…

    I’ve got a suspicion that it’s the FW setup you have going on there… might try adding a firewire hub, but that also might cause some problems.. I’ve heard of problems and also heard it works OK..

    Only other thing to try that I can think of is to trash your preference files. and give it another go… which deck are you using?

    Jerry

  • Jerry Hofmann

    July 29, 2006 at 4:37 am in reply to: Why can’t FCP find my deck?

    Can you loop the FW 400 connection with the drive? i.e. does it have two FW 400 ports or just one of each?

    Jerry

  • Jerry Hofmann

    July 29, 2006 at 2:32 am in reply to: Problem opening Final Cut Pro 5 – Help

    Sure does sound like a reference movie…

    I’m not sure they’ll reconnect, never had the occasion to try though.

    Next time use the Media Manager to move the clips, sequences, and renders. That way they stay connected…

    Jerry

  • Jerry Hofmann

    July 29, 2006 at 2:30 am in reply to: Compressor error “0” woes

    Tried reinstalling QuickTime? Best to trash it first. Trash the receipts in the system library and the app itself, then reinstall. you can download the module from Apple’s support site.

    Also install problems are fixed for free at Apple. 1-800-myapple I’d call them for sure.

    Jerry

  • Jerry Hofmann

    July 29, 2006 at 2:26 am in reply to: Offline footage for capture

    Put the clips in their own sequence. Select the sequence and control click on it to open the media manager. From there select Make Offline, set the codec to DV, and select to create a new project file and also select Delete unused media (add handles if you like). Then recapture the new sequence it will make.

    Jerry

  • Jerry Hofmann

    July 29, 2006 at 2:24 am in reply to: Why can’t FCP find my deck?

    Tried connecting the deck NOT thru the FW 800 connected drive? i.e. directly to a 400 port?

    Jerry

  • Jerry Hofmann

    July 29, 2006 at 2:22 am in reply to: EDL issue

    An EDL without reel names? sheesh… oh THAT wil be usefull. I’d guess that without this information you can’t export one. Might simply try assigning reel names to everything… But it would still be very useless I’d think.

    Jerry

  • Jerry Hofmann

    July 29, 2006 at 2:19 am in reply to: Client wants AVI file

    I’d send them what they asked for. Chances are they are going to do their own compression for the web or whatever…

    Jerry

Page 393 of 508

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy