Jerry Hofmann
Forum Replies Created
-
There’s lots of file types usable on a web site, but there may be some limitation to what the web master there can work with…
AVI’s can be exported directly from FCP though. Look in File/Export/Using QuickTime Conversion, and in the popup menu there, select AVI for the export.
Jerry
-
Hi Bridget! Welcome to the forum!
For starters, you should be running FCP 5.0.4 on OS 10.4.7 with QuickTime 7.1.2. If you’re not, I’d update to that combo…
I don’t need to export EDL’s often, but haven’t seen this going on here with that setup of the software. But you say this is not always the case? Just some sequences? Is there something common between them like say, they don’t have reel names and are not all from tape or something?
Jerry
-
Jerry Hofmann
July 26, 2006 at 7:20 pm in reply to: What would I gain with a Kona card added to my current workflow?DVCPROHD files are about 4 times the size of HDV files… they vary a bit, but they are definately larger.
With the cost though of disk drives crashing every day, it’s still a great trade off to the long conforming times HDV presents. 750 gig drives are shipping now… can you imagine? I find that incredible. Weibetech just lowered all of their prices too…
Jerry
-
It’s because VHS is a very unstable format sans a TBC. the Kona Card isn’t a TBC exactly… It can Genlock, but that only makes it play the same tune with other equipment, If there is time base error in the VHS recording, which is very common, you really need a TBC to correct it.
I’d suggest that this is “probably” the problem, and the only other fix is shorter captures.
VHS stinks in every way I can think of.
Jerry
-
I’d contact the dealer for sure if it suddenly has stopped working … good luck
Jerry
-
Other than the slow inherent problems working in HDV no you don’t. However with an HD A/D converter added you could capture the HDV as DVCPROHD or better, and fix the slow working environment with HDV.
Jerry
-
Try setting it to free run. Never captured VHS that long before, but figure shorter captures might help too.
Jerry
-
Jerry Hofmann
July 24, 2006 at 7:51 pm in reply to: What would I gain with a Kona card added to my current workflow?You’d need a Fibre Channel card… ATTO’s would be the place to go and an Array. Huge Systems or Medea are the hot tickets out there right now for drive arrays. Both have forums here at the COW too.
You can connect the component HD analog out from an LH series card from HDV and capture it directly as DVCPROHD material BTW. I’ve written an article for the next COW magazine about this VERY workflow… funny you should ask. The Kona 3 though does all those cross conversions, however you’d need a mini component analog to HD SDI converter to capture the analog HD from the HDV equipment. But it sure does blow the doors off editing HDV natively BIG TIME.
Jerry
-
Sure sounds like it should be faster then… HDV can take this long, but DVCPRO100 codecs should be fairly fast actually. Might be worth reading my article in the current issue of the COW mag… It’s about “upgrading”- how to do it.
If you didn’t perform a really clean install of Tiger when you went to that sofware… it’s time I’ll bet.
Jerry
-
Jerry Hofmann
July 24, 2006 at 7:42 pm in reply to: Shot in 720p\N at 24fps then brought into final cut the same way. Still a RED LINE?Those files already have no pulldown… that’s why the p/n designation. You shouldn’t need to process them at all.
They should work in DVCPRO100 23.98 sequence. They were shot with a 200 right?
Jerry