Forum Replies Created

Page 392 of 508
  • Jerry Hofmann

    July 31, 2006 at 6:33 pm in reply to: Apple Certified Pro?

    It’s usually not that “my way” is better, it’s usually more “I didn’t know you could do that, I’ll save time with it that way…”

    Peter, you’ve no doubt read the manual… I have. It makes a big difference if you can stay awake while you do it!

    Jerry

  • Jerry Hofmann

    July 31, 2006 at 6:23 pm in reply to: FCP audio waveform stubborn

    Jeremy’s suggestion is a good one…

    I only see this in extremely long sequences, and after trashing the waveform cache, they usually draw completely. You certainly have enough RAM I’d think.

    Jerry

  • Jerry Hofmann

    July 31, 2006 at 4:32 pm in reply to: Why can’t FCP find my deck?

    I’ll just bet that the FW 800 and FW 400 ports being on the same unit will cause some problems with looping thru the drive unit… In fact, I’m not sure that if you connect the drive to the CPU via FW 800, then attempt to loop a 400 device through it, just plain won’t work. But if you had FW 800 port for the drive then connected the deck to the 400 port, I’ll bet it works.

    Jerry

  • Jerry Hofmann

    July 31, 2006 at 4:29 pm in reply to: Apple Certified Pro?

    If you are self taught, you’ll find that taking the Certification courses will open your eyes to technique that’s more efficient. I’ve taught a lot of folks now and gotta say, even the experienced folks learn a lot.

    Jerry

  • Jerry Hofmann

    July 31, 2006 at 4:27 pm in reply to: FCP audio waveform stubborn

    How much RAM do you have? Probably less than 2 gigs with FCP 5 and Tiger isn’t enough now.
    Jerry

  • Jerry Hofmann

    July 31, 2006 at 4:23 pm in reply to: DVDSP problems reading FCP Chapter Markers

    I’d try another sequence. copy and paste all from the original to it. Don’t think the markers will follow so you’ll probably have to redo them. It’s easier in FCP than it is in DVD SP so I’d do them there.

    Of course, if you do them in DVD SP after the compression, they’ll work…

    But I figure there’s a corruption in the sequence you’re working with. Might just reopen it or restart the computer to flush the RAM… But it sure would be a waste of time re encoding only to find out that the markers don’t show up again.

    Jerry

  • Raising the bit rate will help, and using a constant high bit rate is best for programs under 60 minutes. If it’s longer than that, then a VBR is where you need to go probably.

    Might also try exporting directly from FCP. i.e. File/Export using Compressor… it does the best job that you can do.

    Jerry

  • Jerry Hofmann

    July 31, 2006 at 12:51 pm in reply to: Nesting – tips for trimming?

    Unfortunately nests use the same “rules” as subclips… this is a feature waiting to happen… might give some feedback to Apple about it.

    Jerry

  • Jerry Hofmann

    July 30, 2006 at 11:11 pm in reply to: Client wants AVI file

    Gee I thought it was… look in FCP 4.5’s Help and search for AVI…

    Jerry

  • Jerry Hofmann

    July 30, 2006 at 11:09 pm in reply to: exporting quicktime movie

    Try the conversion in Compressor. It’s in the “advanced format conversions”. Or the Nattress plugin will render a lot faster: https://www.nattress.com

    Jerry

Page 392 of 508

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy