Forum Replies Created

Page 118 of 508
  • Jerry Hofmann

    November 16, 2010 at 12:23 am in reply to: DVCProHD Components for QuickTime

    I don’t think I’d throw these away. They likely have something to do with different versions of DVCPROHD files that Panasonic has changed over time, so in order to work with older versions, you’d need the appropriate component.

    I also think it’s dangerous to delete any files like this that are installed with Studio… If you’re having problems with playback, they very likely are not due to “bloated” software installs.

    What’s the issue you’re really trying to solve?

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    November 16, 2010 at 12:17 am in reply to: HD footage output to SD DVCam

    You should be able to set the control panel for the card to have the HD as it’s native format, and then output SD. You’d set the external video to be HD (then the card does the down conversion in real time.)

    BUT you’ve started with 25fps video, so the deck you’re using must be able to record PAL DV.

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    November 15, 2010 at 4:17 pm in reply to: Overlays disappear after QuickTime Conversion export

    That’s probably just the way it is…

    Maybe if you perform a match frame, and export the still from the Viewer?

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    November 15, 2010 at 4:14 pm in reply to: Sync issues after UPDATE of FCP project from v6 to v7.

    Boy that sounds pretty strange…

    The previously sync’d clips still work, but no others do. Did you merge the previous clips into Merged Clips?

    Is the new system a “Clean install” or was it just “upgraded from a previous version of FCP?

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    November 15, 2010 at 12:05 am in reply to: FCP shuts down while editing Pro Res 422…

    Tried converting the file in another app like Compressor or even just exported from FCP?

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    November 15, 2010 at 12:04 am in reply to: Sync issues after UPDATE of FCP project from v6 to v7.

    What do you mean by “nothing else will sync”? You can’t get it to sync in a sequence?

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    November 14, 2010 at 2:35 pm in reply to: Batch Monitor – incoming network connection message

    Reset your preferences for Compressor. Turn on the option to open batch monitor when a job is sent. Might fix you right up.

    If this fails try trashing this file: com.apple.compressor.Compressor.plist It’s in your user’s library in the Preferences folder there.

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    November 10, 2010 at 10:30 pm in reply to: Timecode Break Warn After Capture?

    It will bite you in the tail if you edit the program with the files, and then have to recapture because you lost a drive or you deleted media and have to rebuild it again down the line… all timecode in the files past the first break will not be what’s on the tape… it’s just continued on from where the break happens. So in the recapture, the edits made in sequences show up with the wrong material in them etc..

    If you’re getting tc breaks it’s either because they are actually there, or the tape is damaged in some way (used tape is not a good thing to use at all for example). Or the videotape machine/camera is in need of maintenance, and it’s reading the TC track not spot on etc.. or the camera that shot the material didn’t lay down a strong timecode track… there’s a lot of things there to troubleshoot…

    If it’s the tape though, a digital copy might fix you up. Dubbing the tape through Firewire or SDI will not cost you anything quality wise.

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    November 9, 2010 at 5:22 pm in reply to: Transferring files to HVR-DR60 then into FCP

    You don’t need to load them through log and transfer at all. Just import them. They are DV or DVCAM files, right? That means they should be ready to go just as they are. file/import/files… or folders full, and edit away.

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    November 9, 2010 at 2:18 am in reply to: FCP keeps searching for missing files

    I don’t think there is when it’s looking for parts of a reference file, but when it’s finally open, locate that sequence, then put it in it’s own project file, so when you open it next you’ll likely not have to keep hitting that cancel button. I’ll bet these files are not part of the sequence. (let’s hope not any way).

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Page 118 of 508

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy