Forum Replies Created

Page 145 of 254
  • Chris Poisson

    February 26, 2007 at 11:40 pm in reply to: Boris Title 3D Broken. Pls help.

    Yes, all of that and worse. That tracking thing is what it does on new projects since the BCC upgrade, and on all old projects it crashes FCP. It totally sucks, and I have been on the phone with them at least 3 times and still Title 3D is f—-d up royally.

  • Chris Poisson

    February 26, 2007 at 10:00 pm in reply to: HDV to standard def workflow…..

    I capture from HDV directly to 1080i DVCproHD and just scale that down for SD. You have to render it, but you can also pan and scan and zoom on it. It works great. I don’t offline anything in this workflow though, so as far as managing a batch list for your capture you’re on your own.

  • Chris Poisson

    February 26, 2007 at 1:33 pm in reply to: Quicktime quality?

    Yes, if you don’t use the recompress option.

  • Chris Poisson

    February 26, 2007 at 1:31 pm in reply to: plugins

    Your post is a little vague, most of us let need dictate which plugs we buy, but there are lists in the archives on which ones many of us find essential. Do an advanced search.

    As for film looks, the best place to start requires no plugins at all, proper lighting and camera technique can make just about any true 24p camera look like film. That’s why they were invented. Short of that, my system is using the Nattress plugins, which are fast, good and cheap. Make that fast, great and cheap.

  • Chris Poisson

    February 26, 2007 at 1:25 pm in reply to: Get fluid letter spacing and scaling text animation?

    What are you using to create your text? FCP’s text tool will likely judder between spacing moves. Title 3D or Grafitti will be smooth, but your scale and tracking moves are so small the will likely look like a mistake.

    I’d do this in live Type or Motion at the very least, most probably I would use After Effects.

  • Chris Poisson

    February 25, 2007 at 10:45 pm in reply to: LIST OF WHAT’S BROKEN IN 5.1.3/4

    5.1.4 was not a fix on my machine for Boris troubles. I still cannot open projects pre- BCC 4.1 update, and Title 3D still crashes FCP every time on any project.

    I called Boris about it Friday afternoon, they said they were sending me instructions on how to fix and get the “z” added to some of the plugs you told me about Walter, but they either failed to send or it didn’t get here, so I’m still in Boris hell.

    Other than that, 5.1.4 seems fine.

  • Chris Poisson

    February 25, 2007 at 10:39 pm in reply to: Choosing a pro monitor

    I’ve had 3 JVC monitors, still have one, a 16″ with a blue switch etc., but my Sony 14″ still seems to have a better picture to me. I got the latter used for $600.

  • Chris Poisson

    February 23, 2007 at 3:33 pm in reply to: Monitoring component re: cable source, Kona LH system

    Hey Bob,

    I’m already using the BNC outs from the deck for my card, so without a 12 pin cable I have to use s-video to my monitor (or switch it out for grading and then back to lay to tape, a royal pain). I did a little online shopping this morning and found something close at B&H, but found exactly what I needed at their vendor, which is Comprenhensive Cable in NJ. So it looks like I’ll be set, thanks.

  • Chris Poisson

    February 23, 2007 at 2:04 pm in reply to: OT: well and truely off topic Jobs vs Gates

    Somewone has WAY too much time on their hands, but pretty funny.

  • Chris Poisson

    February 22, 2007 at 4:57 pm in reply to: Flying Cow Question

    Hi John,

    What I’m asking is, what are the advantages to using it and how to configure? How does AES figure in? Audio is a technical weak point for me, so please understand.

Page 145 of 254

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy