Forum Replies Created

Page 144 of 254
  • Chris Poisson

    February 28, 2007 at 3:52 pm in reply to: Favorite recipes for glow effects

    Hey Bret,

    Wow, I remember that, it was first described to me from the Meyer’s AE book, they called it “instant sex!” Those Motion effects sound good too, I’ll do a round trip later and see how it goes. Thanks guys!

  • Chris Poisson

    February 28, 2007 at 3:09 pm in reply to: Favorite recipes for glow effects

    Ooopps! That BCC plug is colorize glow, sorry!

  • Chris Poisson

    February 28, 2007 at 2:28 pm in reply to: Best-and most affordable capture card for Sony Z1u

    That camera has component out, just last week I captured from it to DVCproHD 1080i and it was beautiful. I’m using the Kona LH.

  • Chris Poisson

    February 28, 2007 at 2:24 pm in reply to: Panasonic anamorphic adapter has unwanted flairs

    Barry,

    Not true I’m afraid. Optex makes one also, I have one, and it works well, except that it has a terrible halo from mid to wide angle, so I don’t use it much. FWIW…

  • Chris Poisson

    February 27, 2007 at 8:31 pm in reply to: Slideshows

    Kevin,

    I’ll admit that exporting from FM is a little tricky, but I don’t have any problems with it. I did a show last week from a photo disk, and with about 160 pics it took about 20 minutes to render a 720p movie. When I have alterations on photos in folders I’m using, I find doing a save updates them in FM, at the very least restarting the project will do it.

    I must also admit I don’t use music in FM, about 90% of my shows have pics that can be the same length, so I just divide the number of shots into the length of my song and it comes out great. After it’s built I will rob from peter an pay Paul to make some shots longer or shorter, but my show length stays the same. A somewhat simpler workflow than yours certainly, but it’s saved me a ton of time, and I don’t find the renders take any longer than AE or FCP for what I do.

    FM is about to announce v2, which hopefully will address some of your issues.

  • Chris Poisson

    February 27, 2007 at 7:00 pm in reply to: Boris Title 3D won’t close

    If you’re running FCP 5.1.2 and you can get Title 3D to open without crashing FCP, consider yourself among the lucky few. As to getting it to close, I dunno, I’ve been trying to fix this for weeks with no luck

  • Chris Poisson

    February 27, 2007 at 6:57 pm in reply to: Slideshows

    If you think Fotomagico is klunky, you are in for a shock on the rest of the lot. I think it’s superb, could do in my sleep.

    But, you might try PanZoomPro from lyric.com, works inside FCP. Fotomagico “klunky?” Sheesh!

  • Andy,

    That plug may do exactly the same thing as the process Gary mentioned, but it’s not the same one. No big deal though.

  • Chris Poisson

    February 27, 2007 at 1:26 pm in reply to: 24p

    As far as I am aware, just about any DV deck will do, as all miniDV tape runs at 29.97, even DV cam which goes at a faster tape speed. It’s FCP that will “make” 23.98 out of it, if it was shot 24pA and if you use advanced puldown removal when you capture. I do know this, my JVC BRDV 6000, Sony DSR 11 and Panasonic DVX 100 all allow 24p capture through FireWire.

    If you have 24P footage, you can convert it to true 23.98 with Nattress Standards Converters or Cinema tools. The former are absolutely great, easy and not expensive.

  • Hey,

    A while back I noticed a 4×3 video I did for a client playing on a widescreen monitor at their place, and it was stretched like you say, at the edges only. I asked about this and got an answer from I think Gary Adcock, he said what it was but I can’t remember and I can’t find the post. Maybe Gary will see this.

Page 144 of 254

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy