Forum Replies Created

Page 143 of 254
  • Chris Poisson

    March 6, 2007 at 1:06 pm in reply to: creating that WOOSH sound

    In addition to several dozen wooshes in STP there are hundreds on SFX sites like sounddogs.com.

    Also, Digital Heaven gives you a few to go along with whip pan.

  • Chris Poisson

    March 5, 2007 at 10:37 pm in reply to: Extending motion effects through dissolves

    Of course! You hit my father with a gun!

  • Chris Poisson

    March 5, 2007 at 9:39 pm in reply to: Extending motion effects through dissolves

    That’s a good little trick Shane. Thanks.

    PS: “I hate you Shane!”

  • Chris Poisson

    March 5, 2007 at 3:56 am in reply to: Display Monitor Advice

    That Panasonic monitor looks awesome. I’d rather have that than 2 Dells.

  • Chris Poisson

    March 4, 2007 at 8:50 pm in reply to: How is this technique achieved

    Hmmm,

    I disagree David, this is not hard to do at all, it’s just laborious. This is a very well done piece, overdone perhaps, as a lot of the movement has been aided by moving the layers, not just the camera, something I often do to help this effect. I can’t imagine how this person makes this economically viable for his clients, they either have a lot of money or time or both. But I suppose if the guy plans these out well, and shoots a bunch of these foregrounds on greenscreen, then maybe it’s not so expensive. At least that’s the way I’d do it, or go insane with all the masking.

  • After some further work this week on titles like this I have to agree with John, Title 3D’s tracking is not perfect, use Motion or LiveType at the least, AE if you can.

  • Chris Poisson

    March 2, 2007 at 1:19 pm in reply to: Sony HVR V1U vs Panasonic AG-HVX200

    Hey,

    If the V1 works like the Z1, capturing from the component out into FCP 1080i DVDproHD is a snap, and looks amazing. Good luck with it, I’m interested in the same camera, so I’ll be keeping an eye on this thread.

  • Dan,

    More than likely what you did was the right answer. Probably some bad render files.

  • Chris Poisson

    March 2, 2007 at 12:28 am in reply to: Final Cut Pro – Puzzle Plug-in

    Marty,

    I think you need AE Pro, but anyway Shatter in AE has a puzzle setting I believe. Not sure how much you can do with it as far as modeling, shadows etc. but if you keyframe force radius 1 with a hold keyframe an instant after it goes, you should have something at least.

    Otherwise, you might find some stock clips you could auto trace, or draw them yourself with masks or in Illustrator.

  • Chris Poisson

    March 1, 2007 at 3:22 pm in reply to: Advice Needed: FCP Effect Plug-ins

    Mist, snow and whatnot can be made with several plugins, Boris Continuum, and I think Sapphire, but breath would be tough, especially in FCP. I’d do these in Motion at the very least, but more likely in After Effects. These can all look very fake, it requires a subtle touch with a bunch of spatial paramaters, wind etc. to make them look real, not easy by any means. Good luck with the cold breath!

Page 143 of 254

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy