Zane Barker
Forum Replies Created
-
I have noticed that Motion projects and templates seem to render much faster in FCP 7.
There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity! -
Run FCP Remover to remove the old/bad install restart your computer and see if it will let you try again.
There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity! -
FCP Remover does it all.
There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity! -
Adobe After Effects
Apple MotionThose the 2 most common that come to my mind.
There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity! -
I have seen nothing saying that that video card will not work in Snow Leopard.
All that Apple specs page on Snow Leopard says is that OpenCL and QuickTime H.264 hardware acceleration requires specific video cards.
https://www.apple.com/macosx/specs.html
There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity! -
[paula hope] “I am editing a demo reel and some of the clips were downloaded from Itunes to an Ipod”
[paula hope] “when I load the clients IPod, it gives me a list of the TV shows but they are shaded and ask for me to authorize this computer”
[paula hope] “What is the best work flow for getting these purchased videos into FCP, so I can edit the clips effectively?”
So basically what you are saying is that your “client” wants you to use copyrighted material.
Does your “client” have legal documentation saying he/she has permission to use this copyrighted material.
The Cow is not the place to come to find out how to break the law.
There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity! -
How did you run the 10.5.8 update? I always recommend running the combo update not the smaller update.
There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity! -
[adam dewhirst] “could you explain what ingest is? “
Getting the video onto the computer. for example capturing form camera/deck, or transferring from media cards/drives.
There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity! -
[Steven Quinn] “The issue I am having is that no matter how I configure my sequence, it seems that my H.264 source always needs rendering.”
[Steven Quinn] “I realize that transcoding the media first would be ideal, but the time to do so would hurt the workflow. “
Unfortunately you are going to have to spend time doing one or the other. Ether time to convert or time to render your choice.
I assume you are being supplied these h.264 file from somebody, and this somebody is probably the same person that wants fast turnaround time. I would explain to them that if they want fast turn around times then they need to be supplying you clips that are in a proper editing format.
There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity! -
Basically with gop video the way it works is that when you make an edit on a frame that is not the i frame FCP must create a new i frame when you render, export, conform to put to tape etc. That building of new i frames is what makes native HDV so processor intense and why it takes longer to render etc.
If you have drives that can handle the higher data rate and file sizes then go with prores.
There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity!