Zane Barker
Forum Replies Created
-
[Benjamin Blois] “Well besides saying it’s a ‘QuicktimeMovie’ the codecs are AAC for audio and H.264”
H.264 is a delivery codec not a editing codec.
Like others said you need to convert it to a proper editing format.
There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity! -
[Ellen McKay] “Any idea why this is happening in the first place? “
Nope but I have seen the same thing with FC7. Im sure the first update to the the new software will address this. This is really the only bug I have seen with the new FCS3 and it really does not hinder things in any way so its not bad.
There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity! -
[Stu Siegal] “I’ve seen that recommended, but the project’s just a freebie”
Then just use iPhoto.
There is no reason to sped hours key framing in FCP for something you are not getting any money for.
There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity! -
Honestly the best way to do photo slideshows is not in FCP.
Check out FotoMagico.
There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity! -
[Richard Sanchez] “Will I be able to install the upgrade using the old serial numbers alone”
YES.
[Richard Sanchez] “will I have to install studio 2 first, and then install the upgrade over it?”
NO
It’s actually best not to install the old one first. When I upgraded to FCS3 I actually used FCP Remover to remove the OLD FCS2 from my system before I installed the new FCS3.
And good call on doing a clean erase and install on the system when moving to a new OS. I NEVER run an OS as an upgrade always as a erase and a clean install.
Just make sure you clone your system drive before doing anything, that way you have everything exactly the way you had things and can go back to that if things go bad.
There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity! -
[Joachim Blunck] “I also have a headless Dual G5 which I access using ARD”
[Joachim Blunck] “FCS apps do not run without an attached monitor “
You don’t need a a monitor, you don’t even really need ARD. for this.
You just need to set up a virtual cluster on the G5 using qmaster. Then when you submit a job in compressor on your main editing machine you can choose what cluster you want to have do the job. You can also for even faster video crunching also set up a virtual cluster on your main Mac Pro edit station and then when you submit a job in compressor from the main station select the box that says “Include unmanaged services on other computers” This will then use BOTH computers to do the job.
Just make sure that both computers are hooked up to the same network via GigaBit Ethernet. DONT DO IT VIA WIFI.
There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity! -
I used the FCP Remover method and things have been fine.
I plan on doing a complete erase of the OS when I move to Snow Leopard.
There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity! -
Run disk warrior on the drive.
There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity! -
You are going to need much more then 1TB of space for 80 hours.
https://www.videospaceonline.com/i/
On top of just the captured video you also need room for render files and other things.
Plus on a media drive you should always leave 20% free so the drive can function to it’s fullist.
There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity! -
I have experienced none of the issues you have.
How did you do the upgrade?
Did you just install it on top of the old one? That’s not the best way to do it.
The best way is to erase the system drive, install a clean OS and then install FCS clean.
The second best way is to download FCP Remover and compleatly remove the old version of FCS and then install the new version clean.
There are no “technical solutions” to your “artistic problems”.
Don’t let technology get in the way of your creativity!