Forum Replies Created

Page 1151 of 1230
  • Rafael Amador

    August 6, 2007 at 3:41 pm in reply to: stretch 4:3 to 16:9….how?

    Click the clip in the time line, and in the viwer’s Motion tab change the “aspect ratio”.
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    August 6, 2007 at 11:19 am in reply to: Differences between ITU 601 and 701

    Hi Uli,
    Some body in this forum, few months ago, send me the link to:
    “YUV and luminance considered harmful: A plea for precise terminology in video.” (also by Charles Poynton). Great. Made me realize that I was too missusing the old analog concepts.
    BTW, I would like to ask you one question: I’m planning to go jump to the “HD World’ by the next year. No hurry untill now because one of the issues to forsee was the archiving of footage. Now with the Blue-ray I think this will be solved.
    Untill now I was thinking of DVCProHD as the best option. Or perhaps the only affordable option for a real HD format. I havent consider HDV and so. I may be wrong but I see those as domestic format.
    I was thinking about the Panasonic-HVX200 (I must stuck with a small format camera for many reasons), but now I heard about the XDCAM-EX (?) that SONY intend to launch some time.
    Compairing XDCAM with DVCProHD, they were two matters that didn’t appeal me from the XDCAM: MPG2 and not too high bit-rate (18-25-35mbs, against the almost 100mbs and intraframe of the DVCProHD).
    But I’m reading more and more of very serious video-makers using XDCAM (very long threads in the CineAlta forum) and very happy about it. Also they say that the work-flow (using flash-memory or so) will be much more easy and relayable than with the P2.
    What do you think about?
    I’ve just read in one of your posts that you can speak spanish so next time perhaps I will write you in my language. I’m about to forget it and I need to practice it:-)
    Un saludo,
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    August 6, 2007 at 6:09 am in reply to: Differences between ITU 601 and 701

    Hi paulo,
    Colorimethry is a quite complicated sciencie. Difficult to understand and difficukt to explain. At least for me:-)
    From a practical point of view you should care about this two standards if you are monitoring with an external CRT monitor. A profesional monitor allows to change to C601 or C709 depending if you will use for SD or HD. This affect to the behavior of the phosphorus of the monitor.
    If you want to get a better idea about those matters I would recommend you to download few docs that will help you:
    – Video levels in Final Cut Pro. By Graeme Nattress.
    _ Chroma sampling: An investigation. Also by Graeme Nattress. You can download this two articles in the http://www.kenstone.com or in http://www.lafcug.com (Los Angeles FC Users group).
    – Merging computing with studio video: Converting between RGB and 422. By Charles Poynton. You may download it in: http://www.poynton.com

    Those articles are a “must-read” for any video-graphics maker.
    Cheers,
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    August 6, 2007 at 5:42 am in reply to: New External 500G Drive SLOW – Configuration?

    Look if the HD is “Jounaled”. If so set it as “Un-journaled”. Also open the “info” window and check “Ignore ownership on this volume. This may help.
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    August 6, 2007 at 3:36 am in reply to: Capture Duration Wierdness

    Brad,
    Think that when you capture a long clip although you get only one file, FC chop it inside the HD. So if you chop it before hand, better for FC.
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    August 6, 2007 at 3:21 am in reply to: Export as H.264 – Why the Different Quality?

    HI Kaypatch,
    Although you got in the QT prefferences “Use High-quality setting when available” this doesn’t work.
    You must open the movie, them Com-J> Video Track>Visual Setting> High Quality.
    Them you can save the set for that movie.
    Cheers,
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    August 5, 2007 at 10:50 am in reply to: Capture Duration Wierdness

    Hi Brad,
    Sorry I can not help you with your problem. I’ve never used a Canon HV20, but whatever the kind of format you use, is not much recomendable to download one hour clips. You better chop it.
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    August 5, 2007 at 4:27 am in reply to: Exporting through QT conversion

    If your sequence are DV, just save with this codec. you don’t go to get any bennefit by saveing with 10b Unc or Animation, just a bigger file.
    rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    August 5, 2007 at 4:12 am in reply to: opps! more fun with aspect ratios…

    mortimer,
    When importing footage to FC you must allways check the “Pixel aspect” and”Annamorphic” in the Brownser window (also the “field-order”). FC only recognice properly the footage that you had capture through the application. And not always. Many times when re-opening a project some footage that the day before was Annamorphic, show-up as 4×3, so I must check the Annamorphic columm manually.
    Rafael

  • Rafael Amador

    August 5, 2007 at 4:02 am in reply to: All FCS2 Products crash?

    If you want FC works fine, first make sure that your system is optimiced.
    There is a serie of maintenance routines that the Macs do by them self when they are not switch-off at night. If you switch-off your Mac every night you must run those routines by your self. Look for a little application call “Maintenance”. You can download it free in the Apple web-site.
    One of those tasks is “Repair permissions”. This is something that you must do to your System drive whenever you install something. With the Disk Utility.
    Appart of that there are two application, Diskwarrior and Techtools, to keep the directories of your HDs clean. I can not understand how is possible to work with MacOX without using one of those applications.
    Another think that helps your FC working properly is to have the the HDs that you use for editing (not the System driver) Un-journaled.
    I’m not the only one who thinks that the 75% of the crashes, hung and problems of FC come from a poor maintenance of the system.
    rafael

Page 1151 of 1230

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy