Forum Replies Created

Page 703 of 812
  • Mike Kujbida

    February 21, 2008 at 1:25 am in reply to: lost file

    If you want to use it, it’s the capture program’s “log”.
    For example, I do mostly batch capturing of my clips and, to help with potential re-captures, I’ll save the vidcap file under the same name as the project I’m working on.

  • Mike Kujbida

    February 19, 2008 at 9:52 pm in reply to: How Many Vegas Pro 8 Installs

    You certainly can – and here’s the official response direct from Sony:

    Knowledgebase Answer ID 455

    Question

    Can I run my Sony Media Software application on more than one PC?

    Answer

    Our licensing agreement permits you to install the software on as many machines as you own, as long as you are not running the programs at the same time. For instance, you can install the software on your home machine and on your laptop. You are not allowed to install the software on multiple machines if you are going to be using them simultaneously, such as in a home studio setting. If you are going to run the software concurrently on more than one machine, you would need to purchase a separate license for each computer.

    Note that when you install the software on a different computer you will need to complete the registration process again. Register the software as you did the first time to unlock the program on each machine. You can register online directly within the software, via the phone, or on our website through our online form.

  • Mike Kujbida

    February 19, 2008 at 8:44 pm in reply to: Sony Vegas- Mpeg2

    1. It sounds like your camcorder is a miniDVD. If so, import the files by going File – Import – DVD Camcorder Disc.
    Be patient while the files load and convert.

    2. Everything you need is built into Vegas. You need to learn how to access what you need for the job. The manual is a great place to start as is the Online Help menu.
    I’d also suggest getting all of Edward Troxel’s newsletters (PDF format and free!!).
    Then go through them at your leisure.

    3. Type Credit Roll in the Online Help. It spells it out for you, step by step.

  • Mike Kujbida

    February 18, 2008 at 11:59 pm in reply to: ram for vegas hdv work

    As things stand right now, XP (and, I think, Vista 32) can only support a bit over 3 GB of RAM.
    I’m not sure abut I think the 64 bit version of Vista can handle a lot more.

  • Mike Kujbida

    February 18, 2008 at 12:24 pm in reply to: Blur/Mouse teeth on rendered video

    Ronan, try rendering it out in progressive instead of interlaced.
    As far as rules, take a look at the Great Titles with the DV Codec tutorial.
    Even though it’s for titles, a lot of the rules (especially about legal colours) still apply.

  • Mike Kujbida

    February 18, 2008 at 3:30 am in reply to: clipboard view?

    Check out Vol. 1 Issue 5 of Edward’s excellent newsletters for even more suggestions on doing this properly.

  • Mike Kujbida

    February 17, 2008 at 11:20 pm in reply to: clipboard view?

    …is there a window for Clipboard in particular…

    Not that I’m aware of – but I have been known to be wrong before so someone please correct me if I’m mistaken.
    My main use for the clipboard is when I want to copy an image into Photoshop.

  • Mike Kujbida

    February 17, 2008 at 12:39 pm in reply to: clipboard view?

    It depends on what you want to do with it.
    Do a search on clipboard in the Vegas manual and you’ll get several hits.

  • Mike Kujbida

    February 16, 2008 at 8:00 pm in reply to: Problems Cropping Video…

    There are two ways I can think of.
    One is to use a bezier mask and mask out the desired portion.
    The other is to open the Pan/Crop window and disable the “Lock Aspect Ratio” and “Size About Center” options (on the far left side).
    Then, under the “Source” menu options, set “Maintain Aspect Ratio” and “Stretch to Fill Frame” to No.
    Now adjust the left/right/top/bottom height/width adjustments as desired.
    In the case of the YouTube example, all that’s needed is to drag the left-side width adjustment to the right to cover the wheel.

  • Mike Kujbida

    February 15, 2008 at 3:18 pm in reply to: Blur/Mouse teeth on rendered video

    Since it’s impossible to see what the BUZZ TV logo originally looked like, can you post a full-sized still of the logo all by itself?
    It could be that it’s just too detailed and you may need to crank it down a bit.
    Another thing you can try is to apply a very light Gaussian blur (vertical only – set to 0.001) to the logo.

Page 703 of 812

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy