Forum Replies Created

Page 702 of 812
  • Mike Kujbida

    February 26, 2008 at 6:45 pm in reply to: External monitor via firewire

    Glad to hear that it worked for you!!
    I got used to watching it on the Preview monitor until I stumbled across mention of this method on a Vegas forum somewhere. Sure glad I did 🙂

  • Mike Kujbida

    February 26, 2008 at 5:01 pm in reply to: Online Coop

    Unless someone has a better idea, I think that’s the easiest solution.
    I’ve done this a few times myself.
    I’ve also taken work projects home which is essentially the same thing.
    The only potential “gotcha” is when the drives have different letters from one computer to another.
    For example, your external will probably show up differently on your machine vs. your friend’s machine.
    If this happens, Vegas pops up a message saying “can’t find file – what should I do?” and gives you several choices.
    Pick the one that says you’ll choose the new location.
    Once you do that, it’ll find all other missing relevant files that are in that new folder.
    You may need to repeat this process a few times until you get things sorted out.
    After that (assuming you’re both working off of the same drive letter such as D or E), you should be OK.

  • Mike Kujbida

    February 26, 2008 at 4:52 pm in reply to: External monitor via firewire

    Did you recently update to a newer version of Vegas?
    The reason I’m asking is that, after upgrading to Vegas 7, I noticed a susbstantial video lag on my external monitor.
    I don’t use a Canopus box like you do.
    My computer is hooked up to a JVC dual miniDV/SVHS deck.
    The analog out of this machine feeds my 15″ JVC monitor.
    My solution was to adjust the sync offset.
    Go “Option – Prefs – Preview Device” and adjust the “Sync Offset (frames)” slider.
    On Vegas 6 on my machine, it was set to 4 frames.
    With Vegas 7, I had to set it to 12 frames (the max) to get things back to normal.
    See if this solution works for you.

  • Mike Kujbida

    February 26, 2008 at 2:28 am in reply to: Sony Vegas Rendering Problem

    I tried rendering it out in avi, wmv, mov and mpg format and it worked in every single one of them for me.

  • Mike Kujbida

    February 26, 2008 at 2:09 am in reply to: Sony Vegas Rendering Problem

    “.wmv format is an audio format.”

    wmv is short for Windows Media Video so it is indeed a video format.
    wma (Windows Media Audio) is the audio-only version of this.

    I have no idea why Carl isn’t getting any audio after rendering either of these formats as it should be there.

    Carl, how are you trying to listen to these files (i.e. what player are you using)?

    What kind of avi file are you using?
    Is it from a camcorder, a DVD, a digital still camera, etc.?

    Please tell us your exact render settings What’s in the “Save as type:” and “template:” boxes?

  • Mike Kujbida

    February 23, 2008 at 10:58 pm in reply to: Vegas on Desktop & laptop?

    You can do whatever you want (within reason, of course) with your copy of Vegas 🙂

    Here’s the official answer, direct from Sony’s Knowledgebase.

    Answer ID 455

    Question

    Can I run my Sony Media Software application on more than one PC?

    Answer

    Our licensing agreement permits you to install the software on as many machines as you own, as long as you are not running the programs at the same time. For instance, you can install the software on your home machine and on your laptop. You are not allowed to install the software on multiple machines if you are going to be using them simultaneously, such as in a home studio setting. If you are going to run the software concurrently on more than one machine, you would need to purchase a separate license for each computer.

    Note that when you install the software on a different computer you will need to complete the registration process again. Register the software as you did the first time to unlock the program on each machine. You can register online directly within the software, via the phone, or on our website through our online form.

  • Mike Kujbida

    February 21, 2008 at 7:36 pm in reply to: reposition still

    Open up the Pan/Crop window, right-click and select “Match Output Aspect”.
    It will probably increase in size so you use the Pan/Crop tool to shrink it back down and reposition it.

  • Mike Kujbida

    February 21, 2008 at 6:30 pm in reply to: jetdv site problems?

    Thanks Edward. Nice to have your site back up and running so that I can send more folks to it 🙂

  • Mike Kujbida

    February 21, 2008 at 6:28 pm in reply to: SF 9 or CD creator? workflow question

    Did you mean CD Architect (comes bundled with SF 9) instead of CD creator?
    I’d use Sound Forge for the import and clean-up of your music and CD Architect for the mastering portion as that’s where its strength is.

  • Mike Kujbida

    February 21, 2008 at 3:20 pm in reply to: Pro Video Codecs

    IMO, it’s never a good idea to install a codec pack to see if something “might” work.
    The better solution is to try and find out what the required codec is and install it.

    With that in mind, grab a copy of GSpot and see what it says the codec is.

Page 702 of 812

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy