Forum Replies Created

Page 240 of 374
  • John Cuevas

    November 17, 2012 at 1:24 pm in reply to: Is there a way to display imbedded timecode?

    If you expand your project panel though, and click by name, you can access the columns and add date(the date the clip was created). Some codecs and file types(quicktime) keep the source time code now too and AE(presumably Premiere too) will have that data available and you can turn that on and off in the project panel.(Media Start, Media End). Unless you set your timecode to time of day and free run, I don’t think you will get the time a clip was created.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 17, 2012 at 5:31 am in reply to: Quick question about making a circle in After Effects..

    Here’s another way to accomplish this. You could use a shape layer and turn off the fill. Twirl open the stroke properties and adjust the stroke width to the size you want your circle diameter to be, then change the cap to “Round Cap”. Twirl open Dashes and press “+” a couple times and change the Dash to 1 and mess with the Gap until you get the desired shape.

    Example project: 4969_dottedcirclecs5.5.aep.zip

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 15, 2012 at 2:36 pm in reply to: Snap to guides not working in AE CS6

    Now I feel stupid, I had no idea you could actually turn that off. Good to know, thanks Roland.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 15, 2012 at 1:58 pm in reply to: How to do this?

    It’s layering film burn/film damage as a transition. Check out this thread from earlier this week.

    https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/1027506

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 15, 2012 at 12:47 pm in reply to: Snap to guides not working in AE CS6

    I just got mask and motion path points to snap the guides I created. Exactly what and how are you trying to accomplish this, also a screen shot of your comp window might be helpful.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 15, 2012 at 12:17 pm in reply to: How to make sparks fly out of stamped text.

    Glad I was able to help

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 15, 2012 at 11:57 am in reply to: After Effects Terminator fan movie

    Nice job

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • Redgiant lets you download trial versions of their products. You might want to check out the new version of Particular and see if it’s new capabilities will work for you.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • The only thing that comes close would be Trapcodes particular 2.0. You can use AE’s lights and it has some shadowing features within the plugin also.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

  • John Cuevas

    November 13, 2012 at 3:08 pm in reply to: text edges jumping

    You can try to add a de-interlace blur to your text.

    Johnny Cuevas, Editor
    Thinkck.com

    “I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”
    —THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Page 240 of 374

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy