Forum Replies Created

Page 114 of 508
  • Jerry Hofmann

    December 15, 2010 at 1:09 pm in reply to: Trouble capturing video with firewire

    Are your device control settings set to be firewire Basic, and your capture presets set to be DV (for 4:3 shoots) or DV anamorphic (in the case that you’ve shot 16:9)?

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    December 9, 2010 at 11:12 pm in reply to: cannot recapture media from Canon T2i

    It’s not problematic with some media file formats (like P2 workflows don’t have this problem don’t think), but it is with the DSLR footage (there’s precious little metadata in them). If you can get back to the prores files you’ve already created, you’d be miles ahead. You should media manage the files if you want to copy them. Using the Media Manager always works to copy files and reconnect them to a copy of the project file at the same time. You can look up the workflow in the Help menu – just search on “Media Manager”.

    If you change the name of a clip after it’s captured, there is a command in the Modify menu to “rename” the file to match the clip… but in your workflow that still wouldn’t have worked, because you were working with the prores captured media you didn’t bring with you (you only took the project file, right?). However if you do change the name of an online clip, it’s best to change the name of the media file to match using that command, so it can be reconnected/recaptured down the line.

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    December 9, 2010 at 10:27 pm in reply to: cannot recapture media from Canon T2i

    Unfortunately, there’s no easy fix for this. FCP uses the names of the clip and file for reconnection so if you change the name of a clip in your browser after you’ve captured it or transcoded it, and you don’t change the name of the media file to match, there’s no way back to the original media file names. In your case I’d not ever change the name of the file nor clip but use this method:
    Don’t change the name column from the originals, then use a description column to describe the shot rather than the name column. If you then need to re transcode for what ever reason, the file names will always match the clip names in your browser.

    You’ll have to manually re-conform things where you sit now sounds like to me., unless you can retrieve the earlier media you transcoded.

    But next time, use the suggestion above, and you’ll not have a problem with reconnection again.

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    December 7, 2010 at 4:23 am in reply to: Which format should I choose

    Since most is 25fps, I’d conform the 23.98 to 25.

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    December 4, 2010 at 2:23 pm in reply to: Working out of WMV exports

    WMV’s can be edited with FCP, however they don’t work with RT extreme (the real time playback of unrendered effects). If it were me, I’d transcode them to QT movies first, not changing the frame size nor the frame rate. ProRes would be my choice for the codec used.

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    December 4, 2010 at 2:18 pm in reply to: Capture HDV video in FCP 7

    Seems to me that most of the Sony HDV cameras have a function to down convert the HDV to DV… that setting would be on the camera itself. Check to see that this isn’t the problem, because it sounds like this is what is going on.

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    December 4, 2010 at 2:38 am in reply to: File I/O Error-jerk

    Sounds like a corrupt file in there somewhere…

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    December 3, 2010 at 2:44 am in reply to: audio problems

    Try opening the self contained file in Compressor and use the presets there for the job..

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    December 2, 2010 at 11:56 pm in reply to: DVCam print to tape

    If you can control the machines manually, just google FireWire d/A There’s a few out there. Never used one though. One in 4 out or more…

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    December 2, 2010 at 2:07 pm in reply to: File I/O Error-jerk

    If I read this right, you’re using the wrong formatting for the drives. Should be Mac OS extended.

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Page 114 of 508

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy