Forum Replies Created

Page 109 of 508
  • Jerry Hofmann

    January 23, 2011 at 2:34 pm in reply to: Batch export data rate setting

    Your question is unclear. If they are just reference movies and you don’t change the frame rate, where’s the problem?

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    January 23, 2011 at 2:32 pm in reply to: Leading (line spacing) in typewriter mode!

    You need to create separate titles for each line so you can space them accordingly using FCP’s “text tool”.

    Motion also makes this much easier BTW….

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    January 23, 2011 at 2:27 pm in reply to: Importing / Firestore / Frame Rate

    Well…. for starters there’s not such thing as 1080i24p video… what did you REALLY shoot? There is 24 fps video spread over 29.97 however, and that’s probably what you’ve shot. You can remove the pulldown and make it a true 24 fps file, however it won’t look any different, because there really is only 24 individual frames in the current 29.97 fps file… there are redundant fields in the file and they can be removed, or not… look will be the same in the end…

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    January 23, 2011 at 2:20 pm in reply to: TV Logic 173w-3G problems. Anyone else?

    Sounds to me like a bad unit if your capture card’s drivers are current and OK…

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    January 18, 2011 at 1:12 am in reply to: Mac Pro CPUs

    To add to David’s response, seems like when you get to the export phase, it all falls apart. Like you attempt to make a DVD or web stream, the exported h.264 file will not contain the right portions of the clips you’ve edited etc…

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    January 17, 2011 at 11:11 am in reply to: Mac Pro CPUs

    For FCP 7 or earlier, I doubt there would be a substantial difference in rendering times (would be faster but not all that much).

    However all bets are off for the next generation of software… which is more than likely on it’s way before long. Course, that’s pure speculation, however it’s unlikely that the next generation won’t take advantage of all those cores, and it’s likely to be a 64 bit app for the first time. I could be wrong of course, but I don’t think so, and if I’m right, those extra cores will likely look to be worth the difference.

    If however, you run more than one app at a time, render in more than one app at a time etc, the extra cores come into play. But with FCP 7 by itself, it’s likely just a smudge faster. Quite frankly, if you don’t care all that much about the future, the 6 core 3.33 machine is likely the speed champ for the present version of FCP. See barefeats.com for current speed tests.

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    January 16, 2011 at 5:40 pm in reply to: DVD Output Quality

    It’s pretty easy… just select the sequence, then choose file/send to/compressor. Use any of the DVD best quality presets, then change the quality settings to be CBR (constant bit rate), and 7 mpbs as the data rate. Leave the audio settings alone.

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    January 16, 2011 at 1:17 pm in reply to: DVD Output Quality

    Try skipping the QT conversion. Instead, just compress to MPEG-2 directly from the ProRes HQ sequence. Theory also states that you should send directly from FCP to Compressor an UN rendered sequence. Saves a generational loss of those clips. Also…

    If your sequence is shorter than say around an hour. Change the Compression quality setting to be a CBR (Constant bit rate) at around 7 MBits.. Renders faster, and doesn’t ever lower that bit rate.

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    January 13, 2011 at 5:51 pm in reply to: Un Nesting?

    I too would LOVE to see this become a feature.

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    January 13, 2011 at 2:10 pm in reply to: Audio/Video Sync Issue

    I seriously doubt it’s the camera… it’s much more likely that the audio recording isn’t to real time.

    Try changing the speed of the playback of the computer captured audio to match that of the video. You might be able to do this as a fit to fill edit in fact. Place the video in a sequence, then set the in point and out points in the sequence where the audio should start and stop… do the same in the Viewer with this computer recorded audio so that the in point should be say, where the audio should start in sync, then set the out point where the audio should still be in sync with the video. Then perform a fit to fill edit with the audio only.

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Page 109 of 508

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy