Forum Replies Created

Page 108 of 508
  • Jerry Hofmann

    January 31, 2011 at 7:32 pm in reply to: Final Cut “Capture Now” freezing issue

    Only thing I see in your system setup is that USB connected drive… that historically hasn’t be the best way to do this. FireWire of any kind would be a lot better.

    And, FWIW, rebuilding your startup disk if you’ve not done this in a long time is a good idea, not ridiculous at all, but I suspect that the USB drive is causing the problem.

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    January 28, 2011 at 6:02 pm in reply to: Photos are blurry and have lines running through them

    Sounds to me like you’re seeing artifact from the fact you’re enlarging the video… won’t have the problem if you put the stills in that larger sequence, instead of the export version of them which is very likely smaller than the original files, right?

    You’re squeezing them down in the SD settings, then enlarging that rendered sqeeeze.. probably all of the problem here.

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    January 28, 2011 at 1:36 pm in reply to: assistance with chroma key: png images…

    Try using an 8 point garbage matte whose points move with the wave coming in… a quick down and dirty rotoscope. Shouldn’t take that long, and might even work to just copy this moving matte for each title once it’s created for the first. Might not even need much adjustment.

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    January 28, 2011 at 1:32 pm in reply to: Additive dissolve blooming problem

    As far as I know the additive dissolve does this… it’s trying to give the look that really old movies had when a dissolve was used… I’d not use it unless you want that look.

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    January 28, 2011 at 2:00 am in reply to: Error code -36?

    Sure sounds like a corrupted file to me. If you dig deep enough in Apple Support online, you can find what some of these system error messages actually mean. But I’d say the copy they made of these files is bad.

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    January 28, 2011 at 1:44 am in reply to: Log and transfer

    Trashed your preferences yet? If not try that.

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    January 24, 2011 at 2:33 pm in reply to: importing DVD

    Most all of us are using MPEG Streamclip for the transfers… and it does a pretty good job of it all depending on how good the DVD was in the first place… it’s a garbage in, garbage out situation here. It can’t get better than what the DVD contained in the first place, but it should preserve most of that quality. Try choosing ProRes as the codec for the transcoded files for sure.

    Describe “Dreadful”…

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    January 24, 2011 at 1:37 pm in reply to: Importing / Firestore / Frame Rate

    I don’t believe you have a problem… it could well be 24fps over 29.97. That would be pretty normal.

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    January 23, 2011 at 3:32 pm in reply to: New Mac Pro – Stereo output problems

    Sounds to me like you should either try different cables, or you have a audio system problem with that mac… which can be tested by any authorized dealer and repaired under warranty.

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

  • Jerry Hofmann

    January 23, 2011 at 2:37 pm in reply to: dv tapes out of sync

    It’s possible that the errant tape recorded 10 bit audio instead of 12… if so set the capture preset to be 32khz, 16 bit, and it will become sync’d… This information might be displayed on the camera’s viewfinder during playback (you may have to dig down into a menu on the camera to turn this feature on), if it says 10 bit, you’ll know to change the capture preset.

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: https://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

    Current DVD:
    https://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

    8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17″ MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX – Cinema Displays I have a 22″ that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Page 108 of 508

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy