Forum Replies Created

Page 150 of 260
  • Grinner Hester

    January 19, 2009 at 4:57 pm in reply to: Custom Shape Mask in AVID

    select the draw tool and draw your mask. You can add feather and keyframeit to your liking.
    I have a tutorial here on the cow you can pull up with a quick search.

  • Grinner Hester

    January 19, 2009 at 4:56 pm in reply to: Full Quality playback problem? w/ HD footage

    If you call Avid support, the conversation will feel much like an old Abbot and Costello routine.
    “hi, I can’t seem to be able to play HD at HQ.”
    “the adrenaline can’t playback HQ HD.”
    “what?! so I can’t edit HD on the adrenaline!?”
    “yes, you can.”
    “whew. ok so whats the problem?”
    “you can only play it back in half quality.”
    “what!? so I can’t edit HD on the adrenaline!?”
    “yes, you can.”
    “whew ok so whats the deal?”
    “you’ll have to export it as data, not play it.”
    “I can’t watch HD out of the adrenaline?”
    “not in HQ mode.”
    “HQ is the point of HD, correct?”
    “????”
    “so I am to throw half quality before my client then export it without being able to watch it first?”
    “you can watch it in half quality.”
    “so your saying I can’t edit HD on the adrenaline?”
    “yes, you can.”
    “did this phone call really cost a brother 500 bucks?”
    lol

    whoes on first?

  • Grinner Hester

    January 18, 2009 at 11:41 pm in reply to: Do I have to Move to Los Angeles?

    still would.

  • Grinner Hester

    January 18, 2009 at 3:39 pm in reply to: Social Media

    I am on all three of those sites. I set them up for networking and listed that in my profiles but never have I gotten a gig as a result.
    MySapce is a place for youngans to pretend to be other people and facebook is a place for middle aged single moms to try to wrestle down a new daddy. Linked sems to be more profession but man, how boring is that?
    lol
    in a nut shell, social networking means too lazy too lazy to get laid.

  • Grinner Hester

    January 16, 2009 at 12:36 am in reply to: Awards

    Non on a shelf that I know of.
    Even a regional emmy has to be purchased. I have always seen the trophy case as a warning sign. The places I have worked that ahd them displayed were lower end than the places that didn’t have to try to impress with purchased trophies.
    Clientele is only impressed if they don’t know any better.
    I have to think they are more to impress the neighbors than anything.

  • Grinner Hester

    January 13, 2009 at 8:57 pm in reply to: The Freelance Route

    Learn After Effects, Photoshop and master FCP. Staff until you feel you have peaked. I cannot stress this enough. If you try to freelance before you are ready, it’s called unemployment.
    When you go freelance, learn Avid’s interface and you’ll increase your marketability.
    Either way, you will have to know AE and photoshop to be marketable as a freelance editor.

  • Grinner Hester

    January 13, 2009 at 3:32 pm in reply to: First time using AniMatte

    v1 image one
    v2 imnage 2. add resize, nest color effect, nest animatte

    you can then manipulate that composite as one with filler on v3 if you like.

  • You can advertise you MC Symphony Nitris here on the COW in the sale forum.
    Hard to say what that’s worth.
    I have a regular old Media Composer on Adrenaline that I just paid off that is hardly worth one of the payments I was making.

  • Grinner Hester

    January 13, 2009 at 3:19 pm in reply to: A Little “Audience Feedback”, If You Will.

    Looked great, dude.
    It’s ironic that most spots we see advertising sweet media courses are worse than used car spots, making would be students laugh rather than enroll.
    Your’s is clean and well done.

  • Grinner Hester

    January 9, 2009 at 3:37 pm in reply to: Best of 2008

    The Beatle Bob and Grinner Show was the awesomest.
    https://grinnerhester.com/BeatleBob.html
    for real, ego aside.
    I love movies that mean something. That can change something.
    I made this one with the best of intentions… to learn how to live in the now or to become a better dude in the process of trying.
    I spent money I didn’t have to do something reckless and arguably insane.
    I’m proud of that.
    I did not make this movie to gain moola or exposure as a filmmaker. I flat out just did what I dug and served it up as what it was and that is something hollywood is starting to lack in this scripted reality world.
    Now, I am not so bold to say I or my collage of home hovies is better than the oscar-chasers or their creations. I am suggesting my motivation for the art may be refreshing to those who are seeking art, not a movie. To me, that’s what art is… expressing how ya feel and throwing out to strangers, ready to receive both praise and ridicule for honesty or shared perspective.
    By that, we see very little art leave hollywood.

Page 150 of 260

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy