Forum Replies Created

Page 149 of 260
  • Grinner Hester

    January 22, 2009 at 6:01 pm in reply to: Editers Recoomendations

    edit some documentaries.
    I have found spending time reading pulls me away from honing editing skills.
    Not trying to be smart but the best way to get started doing anything is to start doing it.

  • Grinner Hester

    January 22, 2009 at 6:00 pm in reply to: How to hook up BetaSP deck & Media Composer

    I use adrenaline.

  • Grinner Hester

    January 22, 2009 at 2:53 am in reply to: Social Media

    truer words were never spoken.

  • Grinner Hester

    January 22, 2009 at 2:51 am in reply to: Non-Competes – Revisited

    I have had a baaad taiste in my mouth since being sued for non-compete when I started my own company.
    My view on em is simple… If somebody wants you to sign one, don’t.
    If it dawns on you to have somebody sign one, treat them right instead.
    If I didn’t trust a freelancer wouldnt make a play for my client, I sure would not introduce the,. If I really thought they could, I’d disect my own practices.
    I entered this busines TO compete. My very job is to do a better job than those around me. To sign something otherwise would kind of feel like the union without the garanteed check for not trying very hard.

  • Grinner Hester

    January 22, 2009 at 2:45 am in reply to: Nonbroadcast Video Distribution

    Cold-call typing teachers?

  • Grinner Hester

    January 22, 2009 at 2:41 am in reply to: closed caption

    It’s an option.

    I think the law actually reads all shows have to go through Grinner Hester LLC for finalizing.

  • Grinner Hester

    January 21, 2009 at 6:33 pm in reply to: Majors for a Possible VFX Career

    Yes, it’s a jr college. Much more affordable than film schools.
    Much more benefocial too, imo. You’ll need to know basics like legal levels and signal flow. I know of no other program that covers what this one does in such a small period of time.
    Know that a degree is not what will get you gigs later. Your reel is what will do that.

  • Grinner Hester

    January 21, 2009 at 2:12 am in reply to: Footage from Final Cut to Meridien?

    I believe in that case, you’ll be bringing it in componant with deck control off. That camera has a componant spicket and otta have a little compnant adapter you can plug directly into your break out box.

  • Grinner Hester

    January 20, 2009 at 4:00 am in reply to: Majors for a Possible VFX Career

    Hi, Geoff.
    Look into Piedmont College in NC.
    The Digitial Effects and Animation Technology program is second to none, if I do say so myself (I designed it). In two years, you will learn 2D, 3D, compositing, non-linear editing with both Avid and FCP, sound design and yuor final is your demo reel. You’ll leave with an AA in Applied Sciences as well as a list of regional employers hip to the program.

  • Grinner Hester

    January 20, 2009 at 3:53 am in reply to: Footage from Final Cut to Meridien?

    Is going to tape and digitizing it not an option?
    It’s a slow import but the animation codec is always generic.

Page 149 of 260

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy