Forum Replies Created

Page 1151 of 1228
  • David Roth weiss

    April 20, 2006 at 4:15 pm in reply to: Final Cut Pro to Beta SP Deck

    Bob,

    Blackmagic Extreme is what I use. The alternatives would be from Kona, but all of their solutions are more expensive. Here’s the BM decription:

    “DeckLink Extreme is the ultimate standard definition card, because it combines the analog component YUV/NTSC/PAL switchable video and analog XLR audio in and out, along with digital 10 bit SDI inputs and outputs. Also included is unbalanced AES output, genlock input and RS-422 deck control. All connections are on a long 2 meter, 7 foot break out cable. Now available in standard PCI-33/66 or PCI Express models.”

    DRW

  • Greg,

    Sorry, but Decklink Extreme does not have Y/C output on the breakout cable. I was surprised when I got mine because the BM ad I saw before I bought mine said the Eextreme had everything in and everything out.

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    April 20, 2006 at 6:06 am in reply to: SATA Enclosure help

    Eric,

    The Firmtek stuff is great and very reasonably priced. I own both their 2-drive and 4-drive enclosures and I am very satisfied with both.

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    April 19, 2006 at 7:49 pm in reply to: Speaking of India…

    I heard rumors that Good Eats was being outsourced to Bangalore, and that the entire state of Georgia was soon being outsourced to New Delhi.

  • David Roth weiss

    April 19, 2006 at 7:43 pm in reply to: NAB Rumors

    I heard a Bigfoot sighting at NAB was also possible, and Donald Rumsfeld might possibly use NAB as an opportunity to resign as Sec. of Defense.

  • David Roth weiss

    April 18, 2006 at 5:29 pm in reply to: soft wipe renders w hard edge

    Bob,

    Try putting a black slug on a layer below and see if that helps… Just a guess, but see if it works.

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    April 18, 2006 at 8:50 am in reply to: XP software for dual boot on new Intel Macs

    Neil,

    Consider for a moment, had I said that the phone would be answered by a Washington resident from Redmond, I doubt that either Walter or you would have said that might be derogatory toward the people of Washington.

    I have no ill will toward the people of India, including those who answer tech support lines, so, I guess you and Walter can just get off your soap boxes and get back to work now.

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    April 18, 2006 at 2:03 am in reply to: XP software for dual boot on new Intel Macs

    [walter biscardi] “your statement above could be taken as derogatory towards the people of India.”

    I take exception to this inference Walter, and I assure you, any such inference is purely in the mind of the reader. I simply stated a well-known fact, that Microsoft has outsourced its support to India.

    If you would like to debate the wisdom of U.S. companies outsourcing jobs overseas, I’m certain you will find any number of people willing to participate in that debate. In fact, Lou Dobbs discusses the topic every weeknight on CNN. Having a point of view on that subject does not constitute anything derogatory toward the people of India.

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    April 18, 2006 at 12:17 am in reply to: XP software for dual boot on new Intel Macs

    Bob,

    The definitive answer to your XP question is as follows:

    At some point during the installation process, XP installation will come to a screeching halt and a mesage from Microsoft will inform you that your processor (or computer) does not match the processor of record on file that was matched to your software when you registered XP online. At that point you will need to call Microsoft, and you will explain to the Indian person on the line in Calcutta, that you are moving your OS to a new computer. He will ask you few questions and you will be set from that point.

    DRW

  • David Roth weiss

    April 18, 2006 at 12:06 am in reply to: setting up video streaming system

    Zack,

    Any video capture card can capture live input from the output of a video camera without tape. Running and capturing from two cards simultaniuosly is a bit trickier, but it can be done with a software app that allows two instances of the software to be running at the same time. I’d call a palce like B&H camera in New York or the Videoguys to see if they can help you. There should be very resonably priced video cards that will do the job.

    DRW

Page 1151 of 1228

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy