Forum Replies Created

Page 176 of 254
  • Chris Poisson

    June 28, 2006 at 3:19 pm in reply to: Avid guy needs help with picture in picture

    Try DHbox from Digital Heaven, it will knock your socks off. Only 10 bucks.

    Have a wonderful day.

  • Chris Poisson

    June 28, 2006 at 3:17 pm in reply to: Software to up-res still files

    I think the software you read of was PhotoZoomPro. It is a stand-alone app, really fantastic. I blow up small jpegs with it all the time and you just can’t tell.

    Have a wonderful day.

  • Chris Poisson

    June 23, 2006 at 4:27 pm in reply to: DigiBeta, uncompressed 10-bit, 8-bit

    I agree with Walter. Beta SP is natively 8 bit so capturing it in 10 bit buys you nothing.

    Have a wonderful day.

  • Chris Poisson

    June 22, 2006 at 1:21 am in reply to: Synchronize final and Beta deck

    There is no such deck as an RS422, that is the control protocol. What deck are you using?

    Have a wonderful day.

  • Chris Poisson

    June 21, 2006 at 4:52 pm in reply to: Flip4mac v’s Popwire

    Well,

    Until now, Compression Master was about twice as fast as F4M, so we’ll have to wait and see. This morning I did about 14 1-2 minute movies from DVNTSC to 512k and 56k streaming WMV movies in about half an hour with CM3. So go figure.

    CM# is just fantastic, except of cource for one glaring glitch, there are still muxing errors going on in DVDSP with it’s m2v files, but I know they are working on it.

    Have a wonderful day.

  • Chris Poisson

    June 21, 2006 at 4:47 pm in reply to: Creating masks in FCP?

    Dom,

    There are several multi-point garbage mattes for FCP from a few third parties, but they have their limitations.

    The best roto tool for FCP is also the best roto tool period, Silhouette Roto. Works in FCP, AE or as a standalone, just incredible.

    http://www.silhouettefx.com

    Have a wonderful day.

  • Chris Poisson

    June 21, 2006 at 4:39 pm in reply to: Synchronize final and Beta deck

    What kind of Beta deck? I use a UVW 1800 with RS422 control, using assemble edit to tape I get my shows spot on every time.

    More info from your end would help us help you.

    Have a wonderful day.

  • Chris Poisson

    June 21, 2006 at 4:18 pm in reply to: Firing a client – long post

    When I was in the ad agency biz, all our estimates had a + or – 10% clause in them. On a $200,000 TV spot that could mean up to 20 grand of gravy for otherwise lost hours or unforseen expenses. Not a be-all end-all fix, but it helped at times.

    Have a wonderful day.

  • Chris Poisson

    June 20, 2006 at 5:40 pm in reply to: This is pretty stupid but…

    Geezus, it shouldn’t be “Matte,” it should be “MacGyver.” Fixing a DSR-11 with a paper clip and a lighter, just too brilliant. Worked like a charm on my end too. Wow.

    Thanks!

    Have a wonderful day.

  • Chris Poisson

    June 18, 2006 at 4:19 pm in reply to: Outta nowhere, monitoring stopped

    Sheesh, do I feel stupid, alls it was was my canvas window overlapping the timeline. Thanks Rob, good list for the future.

    Have a wonderful day.

Page 176 of 254

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy