Forum Replies Created

Page 149 of 254
  • Chris Poisson

    January 22, 2007 at 4:58 pm in reply to: OT: A sad state of affairs

    FWIW I was referring to some recent posts about MacWorld, about which many of you thought Apple’s name change and entry into the phone business is straying away from what we do. I agree with a lot of that, and I thought this article, opinion though it may be, was relevent and interesting.

  • Chris Poisson

    January 22, 2007 at 2:39 pm in reply to: Capturing Long Play in FCP from Mini-DV

    Yes, dub the tape to SP, works fine.

  • Chris Poisson

    January 21, 2007 at 1:49 pm in reply to: Continuum Complete woes continue.

    HI Andy,

    I normally follow that rule, just didn’t apply it to something as simple as a plugin, my bad. Fortunately, taking the BCC out to the desktop is working in the interim, so the project is getting finished. Thanks.

  • Chris Poisson

    January 16, 2007 at 8:11 pm in reply to: “blown out” look in FCP

    Joe’s Filters also has this.

  • Chris Poisson

    January 15, 2007 at 2:31 pm in reply to: Tone in FCP

    What I was told a long time ago by several post houses here is that -12 is for analog masters and -20 for digital. Since all my tapes for TV have gone out on Beta SP at -12 over the last 6 years to stations in all the Western states, not one has been kicked back.

  • Chris Poisson

    January 14, 2007 at 6:32 pm in reply to: Total newbie questions

    Hey Jon,

    Thanks, that’s helpful.

  • The way I do this is hit the option key and the arrow key for 1 frame an add the shift key for 5 frames. Very handy.

  • Chris Poisson

    January 12, 2007 at 2:21 am in reply to: Photo montage

    PanZoomPro is a generator that works inside FCP. It beats the pants off FCP’s motion controls. Downside is it can take a while to render. For your basic Ken Burns style slideshow, Fotomagico is my tool of choice. You can put music or sound in it to time to, and it is very fast. Dean’s workflow is good too, I’ve never used Automatic Duck, but I’ve seen it, it’s pretty cool. Fotomagico is your cheapest, easiest, fastest solution.

  • Chris Poisson

    January 11, 2007 at 4:34 pm in reply to: OT for a PC idiot

    ROFLOL!

    Bogie, yesterday, after watching Jobs make a fool of himself and his company, and watching our (leader?) president make a fool of himself and his country, I was in need of a good laugh. Thanks my friend, and great advice.

  • Chris Poisson

    January 10, 2007 at 5:32 pm in reply to: one handed

    Ben,

    Oh, that’s a tough one.

    I’d run out and rent a copy of “My Left Foot” and hope for the best. (Sorry, low-hanging fruit!)

    Hope you get well soon!

Page 149 of 254

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy