Forum Replies Created

Page 319 of 403
  • Chris Borjis

    June 22, 2007 at 5:23 pm in reply to: Fixing white “hot” pixels in my JVC DV 5000

    I found recently that not all of the JVC cameras do this.

    Is the DV 5000 a 1/2″ ccd cam?

    If so, it definitely does not have that feature.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 22, 2007 at 5:10 pm in reply to: FW800 fast enough for ProRes 422(HQ)?

    Since uncompressed capture is possible over fw800 ProRes should be fine.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 21, 2007 at 10:48 pm in reply to: Editing 24pA from SONY HVR V1U in FCP

    [Dondeladon] “The producer told me they shot in this mode because she wanted the film look, and she heard this was the way to go.”

    Thats what NON 24pA mode (24P) is for.
    so you can capture what looks like 24p on 60i and not have a big huge problem like they now have.

    You might have to dub those tapes over as 60i to get it to work right.
    (off the top of my head at this moment)

  • Chris Borjis

    June 21, 2007 at 4:27 pm in reply to: Whats up with BM?

    wow, I don’t know what to tell you.

    I’ve had regular responses from them for the last couple
    of months.

    Are you using the new USA support email if your in the USA?

    here it is if you need it:

    support-usa(at)blackmagic-design(dot)com

  • Chris Borjis

    June 21, 2007 at 5:15 am in reply to: HDV Tape Comparison

    I had dropout issues until I stuck with the Sony HDV tapes.

  • Yes please Apple.

  • whats the minimum version of flip4mac you need to export from compressor 3 with custom frame sizes, frame rates and resolution?

    Can you do it with the simple $ 50 version and customize the presets in compressor (HD etc…)?

    Or is your compressor .wmv export options limited to the flip4mac options available in THAT software.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 19, 2007 at 10:09 pm in reply to: very long render times in FCP6

    Greg for now either render them out of motion and import them to fcp or do like i did (I use it for slates mostly as well) and just export the first frame of the slate as a .tga file and set fcp to import stills for 8 seconds.

    Motion is useless right now until apple fixes it.

    Everything else seems to be working quite well and improved from older versions.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 19, 2007 at 2:38 am in reply to: 1st DVCProHD project

    would the same apply for 1440×1080 (hdv)

  • [zrb123] “if you have the new compressor 3 it, will let you convert to a windows media file. I have not actually tried it myself but I did see the option in compressor 3.”

    You have to have flip4mac though to get that.

Page 319 of 403

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy