Forum Replies Created

Page 320 of 403
  • Chris Borjis

    June 19, 2007 at 2:29 am in reply to: Encoding HD video to make SD dvd?

    After making a discovery that quicktime conversion export downsizes HD to SD better than compressor even with its resizing filter set to highest quality, I export an SD file that way, then drag that to compressor.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 19, 2007 at 2:25 am in reply to: Whats up with BM?

    I was thinking that lately as well, but if you email support you will get a response within 24 hrs.

    I know they know the audio settings are wrong (no audio on uncompressed capture) and that somebody accidentally set the prores hq capture preset for 8-bit and not 10-bit, but regardless of that, they should correct it immediately and re-issue the driver download for those less technically oriented editors out there.

  • [Keith Koby] “mostly it occurs on the DVW-A500.”

    Thats the digibeta deck we have.

    It doesn’t happen very often though, probably 3 times in a year.

    Are you saying I can fix it permanently? how?

  • [Sean ONeil] “This is especially annoying since every Decklink update overwrites the Device Control presets.”

    thats what final cut rescue is for 🙂

  • Chris Borjis

    June 17, 2007 at 6:31 am in reply to: For David Roth Weiss

    I just ran some ntsc bars through compressor and it eliminated the super black bar in the pluge.

    that can’t be right.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 16, 2007 at 4:13 am in reply to: ProRes success on G5

    interesting post office.

    I have the exact same setup as you but i have a ciprico 4210 4gb fibre channel array.

    I captured 720P from my brhd50u via component and capture fails with dropped frames within 5 seconds.

    Running:
    G5 quad
    4gb ram
    multibridge extreme
    fcp6

    can you go through the steps start to finish for me?

    did you capture prores HQ or SQ?

    I would love it if my system could do that and now it sounds like it should.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 15, 2007 at 6:35 pm in reply to: Basic Text….Missing Text, won’t show

    [Dave LaRonde] “You didn’t remove the typeface that the effect used, did you?”

    no the font is there.

    I even tried a new project, new comp, new solid, added basic text, and it will not show up.

    so basic text is not working for me at all right now at this moment.
    I’m using livetype right now to get by for my client today, but I need to get this fixed.

    I may uninstall then re-install after effects if I can’t get it working soon.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 15, 2007 at 6:02 pm in reply to: Basic Text….Missing Text, won’t show

    the text is a different color, have also rebooted, I also re-installed the 7.01 update, no change.

    The only thing that is different than when this file was last worked on is I upgraded Quicktime to the latest and Final Cut Studio 2.

    Will try the purge.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 15, 2007 at 4:08 pm in reply to: HD timeline to DVD with compressor Please Help!

    Make the GOP setting as low as it goes (6 i think)

    I prefer single pass VBR with a max peak of 6.5 mbps

    The audio should be .ac3 and I usually stick with 256kbps,
    I think 192 and 128 are just too compressed sounding.

    I know people who have experienced stuttering on their dvd players if you exceed 7mbps with DVD recordable media. of course replicated media you can get near the 10mbps maximum.

  • Chris Borjis

    June 15, 2007 at 7:14 am in reply to: best option for WMV encoding on a Mac

    Can you create the same type of VC-1 that is compliant for professional HD-DVD or Blu-Ray authoring?

Page 320 of 403

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy