Forum Replies Created

Page 384 of 508
  • Brian Jones

    July 11, 2010 at 12:41 am in reply to: Reveal Object with Spotlight

    animate the light’s Brightness (unless I’m missing the meaning here..)

  • Brian Jones

    July 10, 2010 at 9:02 pm in reply to: splines issue

    it sounds like the spline was not quite close enough in the Symmetry Object to join (weld) the two parts. So either make sure it welds in the Symmetry or do it by hand in the editable version

  • Brian Jones

    July 10, 2010 at 6:05 pm in reply to: Clothilde and a Pulled Back Curtain

    nice work, I particularly like the shape at the bottom folds

  • Brian Jones

    July 9, 2010 at 9:10 pm in reply to: duplicate and symmetry

    if you are talking about Functions/Duplicate check off Generate Instances and the copies will change when you modify the original.

  • Brian Jones

    July 9, 2010 at 5:47 pm in reply to: Placing objects from imported coordinates

    if you have MoGraph you can do it with a Cloner Object set to Object mode and use your points object as the Object. If not, there pre-MoGraph there were numerous plugins that did the same thing, it should also be possible to do the same thing via XPresso

  • Brian Jones

    July 9, 2010 at 3:31 am in reply to: Clothilde and a Pulled Back Curtain

    Way more polys than you need, use a ClothNurb to get smoothing of a simpler mesh. The same goes for the torus, fewer polys to keep the calculations to a minimum. However, it’s still not going to be easy doing it that way, cloth was meant for flags and clothing colliding with legs etc. not cloth to cloth interactions that are that complex. I would try to model it if you are not animating the pull. Here’s a quicky I made, Probably a few more polys would be good, I scaled the width with the bottom polys selected and Soft Selection on but if I did it again I would probably use point selections so I could get a sharper “tuck point”. Then I stagger-scaled the bottom up by hand one fold at a time. Not as good as it could be. Cloth could be then used on the shaped curtain but I tried that and the scaled bits are so close together they are inside the eps values and it is just chaotic.

    893_curtain3.zip

  • Brian Jones

    July 5, 2010 at 6:21 pm in reply to: Achieving smooth paths from Illustrator

    straight from illustrator is easy you just have to save as Illustrator 8

  • Brian Jones

    July 5, 2010 at 6:17 pm in reply to: Seat cushion

    HyperNurbs with a relatively simple control cage is a much easier way to do it. A quickie example, this is not right but it should give you the general idea.

    889_chaircushion.zip

  • Brian Jones

    July 4, 2010 at 7:19 pm in reply to: Splines Curbing

    check out Sweep Object in the Help, it has a pretty good explanation.

  • Brian Jones

    July 4, 2010 at 3:35 am in reply to: how to array in a straight line

    Array and Duplicate came first and are relatively simple and are included in the base C4D. MoGraph came later is a lot more capable but is a module you have to buy. If you have it great, but sometimes if you just need a simple line or radial array Duplicate and Array are still useful.

Page 384 of 508

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy