Forum Replies Created

Page 383 of 508
  • Brian Jones

    July 13, 2010 at 2:55 pm in reply to: c4d falling dominos

    …and then this, with Euler at 64 and with Collision Rest speed a lot higher

    901_dom4c.zip

  • Brian Jones

    July 13, 2010 at 2:14 pm in reply to: c4d falling dominos

    I did some more testing and if the Solver’s Integration Method is set to Adaptive with the Oversampling and Subsampling set fairly high (I just did 32/16 so it would be high it might be ok lower too) I got no more penetrations. The viewer speed is slower but render time is about the same – at least with 8 dominos, if this was going to be hundreds it might be a problem.

  • Brian Jones

    July 12, 2010 at 6:39 pm in reply to: c4d falling dominos

    the dominos had their center almost at the bottom which is used (unless you recalculate it) as the center of gravity. You had it there probably so it would rotate around the bottom easily but what it also does is make it very hard for the center of gravity to get outside the rest surface (bottom) of the domino so it won’t fall unless you set some pretty crazy settings (therefore the odd behaviour). With the CoG at the domino’s center it’s much easier to get them to fall. I increased the Gravity and set the frictions to what seem like workable values. Raised the sphere up so it strikes above the CoG and changed the F-Curve of the sphere’s movement so it speeds up into the collision (instead of slowing down) and hits the first domino harder. It still has a problem with the second domino wanting to penetrate the third but otherwise is ok, might still be slow though – you can increase gravity more but you’re going to get more penetrations. There may be a happy medium somewhere.

    900_dom4a.zip

  • Brian Jones

    July 12, 2010 at 6:22 pm in reply to: cloner object

    I don’t think it’s possible if I understand. I think you’d have to create the clones and manipulate the visibility. Here’s a quick test using the Step Effector (it doesn’t have to be the Step effector probably, I just had it still there from testing).

    899_gridstep.zip

  • Brian Jones

    July 12, 2010 at 4:00 pm in reply to: Sketch and toon included in depth pass

    On the post effect’s Render tab, ensure the Post Render option is enabled.

    On the post effect’s Multi-Pass tab, enable the passes you want to include.

    On CINEMA 4D’s Render Settings / Multi-Pass tab, click the Channels button and choose Post Effects from the menu that appears. Render to the Picture Viewer.

    That’s the core of it, more detail in the Help – Sketch and Toon Post Effect: Multi-pass

  • Brian Jones

    July 12, 2010 at 3:27 pm in reply to: array point

    the Array Object copies the original object with the Z axis pointing outwards from the center of the array. I’m guessing from your description you want your spline to be made on the YZ plane instead.

  • Brian Jones

    July 12, 2010 at 2:55 pm in reply to: Book pages with mograph.

    put a material on the page and for color use the MoGraph Multi Shader in Index Ratio Mode

  • Brian Jones

    July 11, 2010 at 4:39 am in reply to: Nebula Animation in Cinema 4D

    there was a tutorial a long time ago (v7 or 8, I think) that used lights with no illumination and Visibility set to Volumetric with a colored visibility gradient with Noise turned on. In that tutorial they animated an emitter (old particles there was no TP yet) and set the particles (lights) to speed 0, it just followed a circle spline so it wasn’t fancy but it was an interesting look. Now we can distribute the lights a lot more ways (MoGraph etc) and it would definitely be something you could fly through. If I recall they were using Wavy or Hard Turbulence for noise.

  • Brian Jones

    July 11, 2010 at 2:05 am in reply to: Reveal Object with Spotlight

    but without the highlight? Turn off Specular in the light’s General tab

  • Brian Jones

    July 11, 2010 at 2:03 am in reply to: Texture render problem

    with it rendering with Render Active Object but not with a normal full render I’ve got to first guess there is another object sharing the same space (an earlier version before a Current State to Object maybe?)

Page 383 of 508

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy