Forum Replies Created

Page 380 of 508
  • Brian Jones

    August 1, 2010 at 5:56 am in reply to: Measuring Distance on Grid?

    in Functions there is the Measure and Construction tools but I don’t know if that’s what you need

  • Brian Jones

    July 31, 2010 at 5:45 am in reply to: danel shader_render error

    Seems like a moire problem in the noise (roughness) of the Danel. What are your Antialiasing settings? What is the Noise used?

  • Brian Jones

    July 30, 2010 at 2:35 am in reply to: Need to model laundry bottle

    how are you approaching it now? It’s probably easiest to do sub-d surface modelling (HyperNurb) with a simple control cage. i was practicing with your Gain image (because I need all the practice I can get 🙂 and got this. 947_bottle.zip I recorded a part of an earlier try but that is not here and I can’t post it until tomorrow.
    The basic trick is to go as simple as possible particularly with curved objects and only put in extra edges when necessary. It helps to put in those extra edges after you have established a rough shape first then cut later so you don’t have to move more geometry than needed. Some cuts or bevels will eventually leave you with more geometry than you need and you have to go in by hand and clean up – sometimes deleting points or welding points etc. to re-simplify.
    The handle was done by extruding along a spline in the right shape with the plugin Extrude Along Spline (available here – still works) https://home.arcor.de/m1.haller/plugin/EAS_e.htm. A lot of the work was done in the Front view with the bottle image as the background.

  • Brian Jones

    July 28, 2010 at 11:21 pm in reply to: 100% Transparent Object still creates an Alpha

    I did dl your scene but was expecting a Display tag and that distracted me I guess… I think I understand now, increase Ray Depth in your Render Settings, it’s not high enough and you have too many layers to go through for the alpha to be complete (dependant on camera angle to the object)

  • In the multipass settings you want Diffuse turned on, that will give you the image without shadows and you either don’t need or can turn off for compositing the RGBA image layer (unless I’m missing something)

  • Brian Jones

    July 28, 2010 at 10:19 pm in reply to: 100% Transparent Object still creates an Alpha

    try animating the color in the alpha channel instead (or at the same time depending on what you need)

  • Brian Jones

    July 27, 2010 at 4:39 pm in reply to: Depth pass ignoring material’s alphas

    AR DOF has that problem. There are a couple plugins – ZBlur and enDOFin that can properly deal with alpha.

    A tut here that shows a method (time intensive) to do DOF a different way – https://www.per-anders.net/tutorials/tutorials.php?index=7

    and there is a photoshop method which I’ve read described as “All you need is a cam, an ambient illumination light with near and far clip (rear blur and front blur) enabled and a 100% pure white material.” but I don’t know the trick since I’ve never needed it. Somebody knows though.

  • Brian Jones

    July 25, 2010 at 12:11 am in reply to: How to export keyboard shortcuts

    “Shortcuts are saved to the shortcuttable.res file in the prefs directory” just move that.

  • Brian Jones

    July 25, 2010 at 12:02 am in reply to: How to set the default behavior of tools

    check out Special Initialization Files in the help. template.c4d and new.c4d will save that.

  • Brian Jones

    July 24, 2010 at 2:59 am in reply to: custom Bevel

    I don’t think I understand, what does “a custom bevel profile across several scaled versions of the text object” mean? Do you have any examples or can you post what you’ve been working on?

Page 380 of 508

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy