Forum Replies Created
-
Arnie Schlissel
June 28, 2007 at 8:46 pm in reply to: How to make a global text layer – change one layer + others affectedLook up Traffic from xmEdit
https://www.xmedit.com/Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
You booted from the DW disk, correct? It could be a serious problem if DW couldn’t fix it. I don’t know if cloning would clone the problem or not, so you might want to play it safe & start from scratch.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
What I would do is to format a firewire drive, then use Carbon Copy Cloner to clone your system drive to that. Re-boot from the FW drive, then format your internal system drive, and use CCC to clone the contents of the FW drive back. Re-boot from your internal drive.
That will take a couple of hours (at least!), but it will be faster than reinstalling both your OS & all of your applications, plus setting up your email, finding your browser links, etc. If you clone your drive with CCC, all of this stuff will already be set up.
BTW, it’s a good idea to use CCC on a regular basis for system backups.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
Did the beta include a black & white version of the animation? That could be a ‘hi-con’ to be used as an alpha matte.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
It doesn’t really replace Shake, but it allows you some of the functionallity of Shake inside of FCP & Motion, so you might not need to send as many shots to Shake.
For simple to intermediate comps, it works quite well. For more complex shots, you’re better off in Shake.
And to make scratch comps in FCP so that I can work out timing before sending shots to Shake, it just rocks.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
There’s no tongue in cheek emoticon. Perhaps I should’ve used the winky one? 😉
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
[Shane Ross] “HD can be 720p 23.98, 29.97, 59.94 or 1080i or 1080p 23.98, 29.97 and 59.94. There is NO standard. Standards mean ONE SETTING….not multiple options.”
That was my point. I was trying to be tongue in cheek. Let’s not even start on codecs, or I really will bleed from the ears.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
When I’m in the market for drives I check out these sites:
https://www.barefeats.com/
https://www.tomshardware.com/
https://xlr8yourmac.com/And I shop around a bit, but I tend to buy my drives from either:
https://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Home.jsp
https://www.newegg.com/My current favorite place for SATA enclosures is https://www.pc-pitstop.com/
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
[Shane Ross] “There is no such thing as STANDARD in HD.”
Not true! There are many ‘standard’ forms of HD! Kind of like linux distributions. It’s enough to make you bleed from your ears.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
Typically, a clicking sound from your hard drive means it’s very dead. The clicking is usually the sound of the read/write head in the drive banging on the platter & gouging the surface where your data used to reside.
You should plan on replacing this drive. You should not plan on ever recovering any data from this drive.
OTOH, if this is an external drive with a fan, it might only be that the fan’s clicking and your cable is loose.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog