Forum Replies Created
-
Try about a .5 gaussan blur on your Route 66 sign.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
You should be able to install X Code from your Tiger install disk. It’s an optional install.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
[PaulJBis] “Apparently, their deadlines are so tight that they don’t even have time to export each sequence to AE and put each shot into a separate layer”
But they do have time to re-do it several times in FCP? I’ve always found it faster to send an element to a program that’s specialized for what I want it to do. I don’t use AE or Shake to edit, and I don’t expect FCP to to any serious keying.
That said, check out the keyers from DV Garage. I’m fond of Conduit, but it has a bit of a learning curve and it’s not a straight forward workflow to use it.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
[Sublime0023] “Because I work with macs, I have no idea what sort of file he is expecting.”
Ask him. There’s no single person who would better know what codec he prefers.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
I like the one in the Nattress Film Effects series.
The one you see in all the reality shows is probably done with Sapphire or Boris. It’s not a transition, per se, so much as simply ramping up the bloom (with or without blur) on both sides of a cut to create the flash.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
Arnie Schlissel
July 2, 2007 at 2:16 pm in reply to: Why won’t FCP6 play an mp4 file straight from iTunes?Why would anyone “file” their library music in an mp4 format? If I’m storing library music on a drive or server, I store it as a 48k aiff.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
This is typical for people who aren’t monitoring their audio & picture properly. Many people hook up a TV or video monitor for the picture, but continue to monitor their audio through their computer speakers.
Your audio & picture should be from the same source, a mini-dv deck, or a capture card, for example. Your FCP manual has diagrams to show you how to properly connect your video & audio monitors.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
[msacci] “”ENGAGE””
But you have to remember to point as you say it!
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
My pleasure.
This is also how nesting or ‘precomposing’ and parenting work in Motion. By applying effects, moves behaviors to a layer it works on all objects in that layer, including other layers.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
You should apply the blur to the layer that your object is in, not the object itself. This is the way Motion works, and when you learn to work with it it can be a very powerful tool.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog