Forum Replies Created
-
FCP only recognizes True Type fonts. I’m betting that these missing fonts are not TT.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
This isn’t a matter of which Kona card, it’s a matter of which version of FCP, & Kona driver you’re using.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
I buy my cases from pc-pitstop.com. They have a 12 bay case, which I suspect is made by Datoptic.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
There is no TC in or out of the HVX. You will not be able to synch it’s TC with the Deva.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
I did this on a feature that was shot last summer. The Deva is a pro hard disk recorder that can export to DVD-RAM. I was given files on DVD once or twice a day, & synched with a good old fashion clapper slate at the head of each take.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
[Mister T.] “The projectionist said that it better to use a quicktime or avi instead off using mpeg2 or 1.”
You’ll need to get the exact spec from the projectionist at the place you’re planning to show it. He knows what equipment he has to project if from (we don’t), and what codecs he can work with.
[Mister T.] “I know i can use QT no codec, but the file would end in 150 gigs, and i got only maby 70 left.”
You should get an additional drive just to use as a shuttle for any time you need to carry files someplace. Hard drives are cheap. Get your client to pay for it.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
Your hard drive is too slow. What kind of drive are you using for your media?
If you search this forum for ‘dropped frames’, you’ll find a wealth of information that can help you solve your problem.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
Have you tried exporting an EDL from the old system, & importing that into the newer one? How about an XML export for each timeline in an old project?
Another option, is to export a separate batch list for each reel.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
Is there any reason why you need to ask this question again after less than 1 week? Seems to me this was covered pretty well 5days ago.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
[doin what I do] “when I commence to capturing Final CutPro continues to break time code and create individual clips. There is no break in the time code recorded on to tape.”
Actually, there is a break in the GOP cadence every time you stop the camera. This is normal for all HDV. Nothing is wrong. It’s just a crappy format.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog