Forum Replies Created
-
You can use the track selection tool to select all the clips on a track, and then just drag the clips where you want to go. Just type the letter t> repeatedly to cycle through the options for the track selector.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
Andrew Shanks did a couple of tutorials about using Shake to key DV footage. You should look those tutorials up before you shoot. You can find them via the Shake forum here on the cow.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
[Digi07] “The Kona 3 cross-convert will only be effective if I am outputting back to D5 our another tape source correct?”
The Kona 3 can also do the cross-convert on capture. If you still have the deck, you might want to re-capture as 720.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
[Mattyc] “If i had 2 23’s i’d have a lot of empty space on the second 23.”
Oh… I doubt that! I’m reminded of the “peter principal”: the number of windows you absolutely need to have open always expands to fill the available screen space. 😉
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
[Shane Ross] “Oh…and they went OVER budget…”
Of course they did. How else could they justify the extra $300k?
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
Get 2 30″. 😉
I’d get as much monitor as I could afford. 2 23″ is a lot more real estate than a single 30″.
Plus, if you’re really used to working on 2 screens, having 1 really big screen will feel cramped. Even if that screen is bigger than the 2 screens you’re used to. I’m currently working on a 30″, and it feels cramped compared to the dual 19″ setup that I’m used to, even thought the single monitor is bigger than the 2 19″ together.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
First off, you should know that Wacom sells refurbs off of their website. That can give you a substantial savings right off the bat. I bought a low milage 6X11 off of eBay for $100 less than list.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
In FCP, you can only search projects that are open. But you can create a spreadsheet or database of all your clips, & search that.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
[Dean Sensui] “I recall seeing some training videos for skeet shooters where a camera was mounted on a shotgun to give novice shooters an idea of how much to lead each target. I don’t know what was used for that. Perhaps a camera wired to a seperate recorder.”
I’d bet it was a lipstick or cigar camera. Small enough to attach with a loop of gaffer tape, not big enough to really interfere with the shooter. Probably just a single S-Video or composite wire coming off the back end.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
And make sure that you keep constant backups of your project file somewhere other than that drive!
If you’re shuttling this drive back & forth, there’s a bigger chance that the drive will crash. If that happens, you can always re-capture your tapes, but it’s much harder to recover your project file. Your last autosave may be on a different computer.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog