Forum Replies Created
-
Sorry, I misunderstood you. i thought you were doing an “Export via Compressor” directly from your FCP timeline.
Do you have any filters set in Compressor? Check the frame settings, also. Having any of these options turned on will increase your processing time.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
[axelsasso] “Look about a third down the page. This company claims it reads P2 cards.
” target=”_blank”>https://www.psism.com/reader.htm#PCI”
It has to be installed into a PCI slot on a windows desktop.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
Yes, this is normal.
When you export “via Compressor”, all of your rendered effects are re-rendered from scratch by Compressor. This sometimes gives a cleaner look to the final output, especially if you were working in a DV25 codec.
If you export a QT, then send that to Compressor, you don’t really re-render anything that’s already rendered at full resolution for your timeline settings.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
While you’re at it, check your cabling to make sure it hasn’t come loose. If you have another component cable, swap it out.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
You need to rotoscope whatever it is that you want to add the glow to. You might be able to do this in Motion, but if you need more advanced tools, I’d recommend Shake.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
I’ll miss you, Bob.
Just remember, 11:59 PM, PDT on July 31st is still, technically, ‘In July’.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
I’m guessing he means playhead?
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
If it were me, I’d go with any of the Kona cards from Aja. Your mac has PCI-X slots, btw.
https://www.aja.com/html/products_macintosh_kona.htmlArnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
Arnie Schlissel
May 26, 2007 at 3:15 pm in reply to: Studio 2’s Color: No Firewire Output to Monitor[audiovideo] “BTW, none of those cards are approved by Apple”
Umm, yes, they are. You can look up the list here: https://www.apple.com/finalcutstudio/resources/devicelist.php
I don’t think they’ve updated the list for FC Studio 2, yet, but you’ll see that all of AJA’s current lineup is approved up through FC Studio 1.
[audiovideo] “nice trick, but how do I read the user manual before buying it?”
Apple often posts manuals in there support area. It may take some searching to find it, and they don’t usually post manuals long before a product ships, but you can usually find the manual there once a product starts shipping.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog -
[erik] “Anyone try Smoothcam? Does it generate tracking data? Work any good at all?”
If this works like it does in Shake, then it will not generate any tracking data. In Shake, it’s not a tracker, and doesn’t have any tracking points. I’m guessing that in Motion, it will work more or less the same way. won’t know till I decide to upgrade in a few weeks.
Arnie
Now in post: Peristroika, a film by Slava Tsukerman
https://www.arniepix.com/blog