Adam Trachtenberg
Forum Replies Created
-
For a flat object like a license plate you can actually use the old relief object, so AR wouldn’t be necessary.
-
Unfortunately the built-in render region tools won’t do what you’re looking for. I don’t have it so I can’t comment on how well it works, but it looks like this plugin would serve your purpose: https://www.biomekk.com/index.php?page=1&cat=107&itm=22
-
Adam Trachtenberg
December 11, 2008 at 4:01 am in reply to: Trouble smoothing model from Pro E (or similar)Hi Brett,
Send them to adamt [at] 3danvil [dot] com and and I’ll do the best I can with it.
-
Yes, can be .avi, .mov, or most any kind of sequence. You load them into the material channel of your choosing and apply the material to an object. Then adjust the material’s projection (flat, cubic, sphere, etc.). Check the help file for details.
-
Adam Trachtenberg
December 10, 2008 at 10:44 pm in reply to: Trouble smoothing model from Pro E (or similar)Unfortunately it can be almost impossible to get a perfect surface with an object like this having lots of long skinny triangles. If possible see if they can give you the object in .obj format, which supports the importation of normals information (normals tag) and produces a much nicer surface.
If that’s not possible perhaps they can give you a STEP or .igs file which you or someone you know can then export to .obj (I have Rhino and I’d be happy to do the conversion for you, assuming it’s straightforward).
-
1. Set up your align to spline animation for the correct speed to make one full rotation. Then select the align tag’s position track in the timeline, and in the attributes manager change the After parameter to “Repeat”. Now the camera will orbit repeatedly.
2. I don’t know what you mean by “polygon number tag”. Generally you have to start over with a new cloth tag if you want to change cloth geometry.
-
Adam Trachtenberg
December 10, 2008 at 10:24 pm in reply to: tutorials or classes for c4d for motiongraphic?There are some very good video tutorials on the Cow covering the MoGraph module (author: mylenium (not sure of spelling)).
There are bunches of tutorials at c4dcafe.com
There is also Maxon US’s training site, cineversity.com, which has quite a few free tutorials and several prescription plans.
I think there’s also some Cinema training at Lynda.com
As far as books go, I reommend any by Arndt von Koenigsmarck or Anne Powers.
Call Maxon US if you’re interested in personal training.
-
I’d use a boolean object for this as you want the inside to be solid when you’ve cut the section away.
-
Adam Trachtenberg
December 10, 2008 at 2:16 pm in reply to: how to change an object texture during animation? (sorry for the double post)In R10 you can keyframe any parameter that has a circle next to its name in the Attributes Manager by Control-clicking on the circle. That will create he track for you in the timeline.
So if you want to change the color, Ctrl-click the color dot at the first frame, go to the next frame, change the color, and Ctrl-click again.
-
Adam Trachtenberg
December 10, 2008 at 12:06 am in reply to: Mograph : Effector to control transparency of clones?Yep, it can still work. Just copy the transparency channel from the existing material to the transparency channel of all your clone materials. Then assign the materials to them as usual, with no material on the cloner itself.