Forum Replies Created
-
[Manuel Wenger] ”
Thanks Walter, your reply came as i was reading the manual.”Ugh! I hate reading manuals! however, in this case, keep the manual very close by. Lots and lots of menu settings in the back of the manual that you really need to look through as you set up the deck and any time you want to make changes.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
Walter Biscardi
June 28, 2005 at 12:53 am in reply to: Not seeing footage on external video monitor???[Jeff Newton] “One question though…I just lost my sound. I can see that with the audio levels it is playing and I can even hear it thru my XL2 but not directly from the timeline..”
That’s correct. I’m assuming you’re sending the video out via Firewire to your camera so the audio is also going out to your camera. So you need to connect your audio outs from the camera to a sound device.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
Walter Biscardi
June 28, 2005 at 12:40 am in reply to: Not seeing footage on external video monitor???Refresh your A/V Devices, ensure that your External Video is set to All Frames and double check your Audio / Video Settings to DV Out.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
Swap out the nVidia for the ATI X800xt. Yes it has an ADC port on it, but it only takes up one slot. I own both and am about to sell off the nVidia card myself.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
[Manuel Wenger] “Wondering now if we have to hire a HDSDI Monitor just to check the menue settings”
Nope, it shows up via the SD Analog Output just fine. It also shows up on the deck itself and it’s quite easy to operate from there as long as you have the book in front of you.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
[Jim Blokland] “Anyone running the X800 with and ADC monitor off the ADC connector? Is it receiving power/USB/signal as it’s supposed to?”
Yep, I have two ADC monitors running off the card. I have a 23″ Cinema Display using the ADC-DVI Adapter from Apple and I have my 17″ Studio display running straight into the ADC port on the card. USB ports operate correctly and the monitor gets powered up correctly as well.
The only thing that happens from time to time is the power light will stay on the 17″ display even when I power down. Doesn’t happen all the time, but it does happen occassionaly.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
[tony salgado] “I seem to be having a problem only when I am in the FCP forum. I am running Firefox on my Mac OS 10.3.2 as well as XP on my windoze laptop.”
Running Firefox and Safari on OS 10.4.1 on my G4 laptop, Internet Explorer on Windows XP HP Desktop, and Safari on OS 10.3.8 on my old G5 Dual 533 and everything’s working fine on each with the whole Cow.
They are migrating to a new server so some hiccups are to be expected for a few weeks as they work through whatever issues pop up.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
Did you “Refresh A/V Devices?”
Do you have the sound connected to a device and that device turned on?
Did you ensure that your Audio / Video Settings are correct?
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
[Neil] ”
and the quote ability?”Quote still works on the Mac with Firefox or Safari and on Windows XP with Internet Explorer. “Mark as read” will most likely be reappear as they work through the migration of the Cow to the new server.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters
-
They’re two different apps with two different uses. LiveType is a titling tool and is very quick to create animated titles. Motion is a full compositing tool which does a lot more than just animated type. Depending on what you’re doing, you’ll use both apps.
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
https://www.biscardicreative.comNow in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com
“I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters