Forum Replies Created

Page 1396 of 1462
  • Walter Biscardi

    June 28, 2005 at 7:35 pm in reply to: First time FCP user

    You probably already had a project open and then used your Easy Setup to make the DV-NTSC Project. That means the Sequence 1 that was already in your project is still set to what you had BEFORE you did the Easy Setup. Easy Setup affects what happens AFTER you use it. Sounds weird I know, but since FCP by default puts one Sequence in your project, it’s now set wrong.

    Either just create a new Sequence and all will be well, or just open that Sequence 1, go up to Sequence > Settings and then load the Sequence Preset for DV-NTSC.

    Note that any footage that’s already in your sequence will most likely still show the red render bar. You need to remove and replace that footage for it to work correctly.

    It’s one of those gotcha’s you’ll find in Final Cut Pro.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    June 28, 2005 at 3:44 pm in reply to: FCP 5 DVE Problem

    Have you rendered it? When working you’ll see things in realtime using the Dynamic RT so you can keep working faster. If you want to see the final quality, many times you need to render.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    June 28, 2005 at 3:43 pm in reply to: Moving my G5

    [jessie] “This is probably a stupid question, but i’m moving my brand new G5 that i already have a few important projects on. Any precautions i should take other than backing everything up?”

    Just put it back in the box for trasportation and you should be fine. If you don’t have the box, lay it down on its side on a seat in the car.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    June 28, 2005 at 3:41 pm in reply to: Menu Screen on AJ-HD1200

    [gary adcock] “comon’ Walter you have not memorized all the 020 & 600 series menu’s yet?”

    No and I don’t plan to. My brain already hurts from this entire HD transition. I can read the manual. 🙂

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    June 28, 2005 at 3:13 pm in reply to: TIGER BUSTED MY FIREWIRE

    [jmf] “What is “an archive and install?””

    It’s an OS installation option. You’ll see it during the installation process. Choose this to do a nice clean install without erasing the drive.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    June 28, 2005 at 11:15 am in reply to: Upgrading to Kona 2

    I’m not sure if they will play in real-time, but as long as you continue to have the CineWave codec on your machine, you will be able to access and edit with the files.

    I made the switch about a year ago from CineWave to the PipePro and then to Kona 2. You’ll be very happy with the K2 and the transition is a pretty smooth thing. The only real thing I miss is the real-time Chroma Key and the ability to work with DV files in an 8bit timeline.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    June 28, 2005 at 10:02 am in reply to: Not seeing footage on external video monitor???

    Good deal. have fun!

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    June 28, 2005 at 10:01 am in reply to: Buying a G5

    [Lance Bachelder] “the ATI does not. The ATI can also run the 30in display if you get one.”

    Actually, the nVidia is supposed to be able to drive dual 30″ monitors.

    As Lance notes, the ATI is a bit cheaper and it does not block off one PCI Slot. With only 3 open slots inside a G5 after the graphics card installed, the loss of one of those is huge.

    And if it were me, I would not order the RAM from Apple, I would order it from Crucial.com. Less expensive and just as good.

    And being totally honest here, the Dual 2.7 is a waste of $3,000 in my opinion. I stayed away from that machine and simply ordered another Dual 2.0 (the original model.) I picked up that and the 20″ Cinema Display and 4 GB RAM for about the same price as just the 2.7. Also, the AppleCare plan covers both the G5 and the Display for one price.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    June 28, 2005 at 9:56 am in reply to: DVCPRO HD 1080 using BMD Decklink HD Pro

    On the Kona 2 I can capture any HD-SDI source down to DVCPro HD so I’m assuming the Decklink can perform the same.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    June 28, 2005 at 9:54 am in reply to: TIGER BUSTED MY FIREWIRE

    Did you do a clean install of Tiger, that is an Archive and Install or an Erase and Install. Just performing an “Upgrade” can cause a whole host of issues.

    Did you re-install Final Cut Pro and any other pro apps after upgrading to Tiger? You really need to re-install everything to ensure it works correctly.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Page 1396 of 1462

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy