Forum Replies Created

Page 1395 of 1462
  • still screwy to have one ADC and one DVI adapter on the card when all of Apple’s monitors have moved to DVI

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    June 29, 2005 at 6:26 pm in reply to: DVCPROHD 1200A Edit to Tape – greyed out

    [Otis F] “Please help me I’m drowning.”

    You can use the free Frame RAte Converter tool from Panasonic / Apple to bring your footage back to 25fps after it’s been captured. That way you can use the Firewire workflow, but you’ll need to manually change each shot to 25. It’s cheaper than using the Kona 2, etc….

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    June 29, 2005 at 1:05 pm in reply to: DVCPROHD 1200A Edit to Tape – greyed out

    You probably need to make a custom set up for Capture. I just looked at the Capture Presets and you can create a custom setup with 25fps as the frame rate. I have 25fps footage from our independent film and plan to try this in a few weeks.

    I’ve owned the deck for about 3 months now so I’m learning a lot in “trial by fire.” 🙂

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    June 29, 2005 at 11:59 am in reply to: Buying a G5

    [Steve DSV] “Here in the UK the Dell was 790 pounds, whereas the Apple 23″ is 1049 pounds!”

    Holy Smokes! How do you find a console that can hold all that weight! I mean 790 pounds…… that’s uh……. heavy and……. uh…….. Ooooooohhh, nevermind.

    Sorry couldn’t resist a really bad joke this morning. 🙂

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • My favorite monitor for color correction is the Sony PVM20L5/1. They won’t be around much longer as all CRT’s are going away, but for price and performance, you can’t beat this monitor. Last I looked they were around $2,800.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    June 29, 2005 at 11:55 am in reply to: DVCPROHD 1200A Edit to Tape – greyed out

    [trtmac] “But WHY? – Why doesn’t RS-422 work?? Well now I know!”

    According to Panasonic, the 1200A only has one set of electronics so the RS-422 is designed to work only with playback. What does this mean? I have no clue. Seems to me a very basic design feature to have RS-422 work for both playback and record, heck even my old $6,000 UVW-1800 Beta Deck can do that one.

    But the Firewire control works quite well so be happy you can actually record on this thing. For a while there we had some folks in the Varicam forum insisting that Assemble edit was impossible on this deck. Thank goodness that was wrong.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    June 29, 2005 at 11:00 am in reply to: DVCPROHD 1200A Edit to Tape – greyed out

    [trtmac] “BUT I can not do a Asemble Edit!! – When I try to drag the sequence to the Asemble Overlay all the overlays are sort of greyed out – they don’t respond to me dragging stuff there… – But I don’t get any error messages…”

    You must be Firewire Control to do an edit to the 1200A. RS-422 only works for playback. Ensure that you’re set for DVCPro HD Firewire, not DV Firewire as they are different.

    Also, ensure you have an In Point in your Edit To Tape Window set.

    I’ve been mastering to my 1200A for the past several days without a hitch.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    June 28, 2005 at 10:23 pm in reply to: Render Cache

    Because that’s just the way it is, unfortunately. It’s been that way since FCP 1.2.5 and it’s still there today. If it was so easy to implement, we’d have it by now. All I know is that FCP uses a different media management structure than AVID and I’m sure that has something to do with it.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    June 28, 2005 at 8:51 pm in reply to: FCP 5 DVE Problem

    [klthomas] “Dooohhh!!!”

    Mmmmmmmm, donuts……. the little pink kind………

    Don’t worry, you’ll slap your forehead plenty of times before you get this all figured out. have fun!

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    June 28, 2005 at 8:02 pm in reply to: First time FCP user

    [normco] “One more snag. I can see audio on the audio tool but I cannot get it to be audible. I have audio through the computer with Itunes I just tried it. but no audio with FCP…”

    because you’re sending audio and video out via Firewire. You either need to turn both off or hook up an audio device to a firewire device, like a camera or a deck.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Page 1395 of 1462

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy