Forum Replies Created

Page 1394 of 1462
  • Walter Biscardi

    June 30, 2005 at 3:53 pm in reply to: HD 10bit setting

    [Ron Frank] “Whenever I set it up for a 10bit timeline (which is setup for 10bit uncompressed to match the capture settings) i”

    What do your actual clips say in the Browser? Are they actually capturing exactly as you think they are? I’m suspecting that the clips are not truly coming in as you think you set them. I would look at the Frame Size, Codec, Frame Rate in the Browser to confirm everything is as you think it should be.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    June 30, 2005 at 3:34 pm in reply to: DV to SD workflow question

    Really, from a video standpoint, the color correction will look pretty good on the DV codec. It’s any graphics, such as lower thirds, etc… that will fall apart in DV. Lots of artifacts and compression will be seen on those.

    If he’s delivering to Broadcast, that may be an issue. If it’s just a corporate job, then it may not matter.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    June 30, 2005 at 2:10 pm in reply to: 24p help

    [gary adcock] “Lastly – hire someone– one cannot honestly think that they will be able to handle all of the pitfalls in in HD /24p project if you have never done either, the Data, hardware, output, etc are fairly complicated for the uninitiated, Contrary to what apple has told people working in HD in not Plug and Play”

    That’s a huge piece of advice. I’ve been doing testing and researching for an HD project since November 2004 and we just started delivering the masters last week. What I learned is that there is just not enough information about there about HD and there is NO standardized HD workflow. Each situation requires a lot of thought, research and testing in order to ensure that your project will come off correctly.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    June 30, 2005 at 11:20 am in reply to: editing work environments

    You can view our shop at the link below. I actually need to update the photos this week as we have updated the equipment in both rooms since, but the look and feel are the same.

    We have two edit suites, a small kitchen and an entertainment room.

    https://www.biscardicreative.com/tour.htm

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    June 29, 2005 at 11:09 pm in reply to: Apple adds Radeon X850 XT as Power Mac G5 option

    [gary adcock] “Ouch
    the apple store sells a belkin model for ADC- DVI-D (no VGA) that was $29.95 I carry 3 on the road just in case.”

    I purchased the Apple model that comes with the big power adapter.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • [Michael] “Oh- Here’s another error that I get: Batch Capture: Timecode Erro: Unable to locate te specified timecodel You may have specified a timecode with insufficient room for a pre/post role operation.

    Hmmm. Not enough room between one batch and the other?”

    You generally need to have at least 5 seconds of pre-roll before your in-point for the Batch Capture to work. If you don’t have at least 5 seconds of continuous timecode before your in-point, the capture won’t work.

    You can change the pre-roll time in the Capture presets, but there’s only so far you can cut back.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    June 29, 2005 at 10:20 pm in reply to: DVCPROHD 1200A Edit to Tape – greyed out

    [Leo Ticheli] “I’m glad the method you are using seems to be working for you, but there are real dangers. The 1200, and the older 130, are not editing decks.”

    I’m glad there are dangers because I like the thrill of it more.

    Honestly, the deck is mastering fine and there are no issues at all to simply doing an Assemble Master Edit. You cannot insert edit on this machine, but that’s no big deal.

    We’re cutting a broadcast series on it right now Leo and it’s working just fine.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    June 29, 2005 at 9:42 pm in reply to: Can I bring uncompressed .motn into AVID?

    Just render in the Animation Codec in Motion. That will import just fine into an AVID. Just be sure to render in the correct frame size and correct field order.

    I create a lot of animations in After Effects for an AVID editor using 720×486 frame size, lower field first and the Animation Codec. Works fine.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • [MitchJi] “If Apple wants one cable (a good idea) they should design a single cable with pigtails on each end for DVI, power, USB, FW ect.”

    That’s pretty much what they’ve done with their DVI monitors. There is a single cable from the monitor that pigtails out to the DVI, USB and Firewire Ports on the G5 and also a separate power supply. It works very well.

    Very silly to keep pushing ADC connections on new cards when Apple doesn’t even sell the ADC monitors anymore. I picked up a couple of ADC to DVI adapters for about $80 each and they work very well.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    June 29, 2005 at 7:19 pm in reply to: DVCPROHD 1200A Edit to Tape – greyed out

    [gary adcock] “IF you think this is bad– understand also that what we do in FCP with Variable frame rates can not be done at all an Avid without the $27K hardware frame rate converter as the Avid Software only see 24p and 30p content from the Varicam.”

    I have to admit. THAT is really funny! After listening to a local AVID editor tell me all the things that AVID can do that FCP can’t, this is really funny.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Page 1394 of 1462

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy