Forum Replies Created

Page 1391 of 1462
  • Walter Biscardi

    July 5, 2005 at 9:44 pm in reply to: Split screen effect – Motion or FCP?

    Put your video clips for the split screen on video tracks 2 and 3. Use the Crop tool to crop the sides to create the split and position each side of the split accordingly.

    Then place a Matte color on Video Track 1 and change the color to suit as you change shots.

    Alternatively, create two squares for the splits and use a Travel Matte Alpha to key the split videos into the correct side of the split and again, put a colored matte behind them.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • 10bit capture works fine on LaCie, but you will only have a single stream of video and your performance will definitely be a bit slow.

    If your work will consist primarily of 10bit, you’ll want something faster like a Fibre Channel array. I run my 10bit material primarily on my Medea FCR2X 2TB array.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 5, 2005 at 7:05 pm in reply to: No audio during log & capture

    Default for all Apple presets is for the Speaker to be OFF when capturing. If you’re listening to the output of Final Cut Pro during Capture, you need to turn the Speaker ON.

    Go into your Capture Preset. Go then go down to Audio, Advanced. Turn the Speaker On.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • I actually move all the clips off to a separate project, make all the converts there, then bring the converted clips back into the main project.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 5, 2005 at 11:33 am in reply to: 130 vs 1200a

    [Steve Mahrer] “You may be tricking the VTR into recording close to the corrrect time required, but it’s not really editing.”

    Ok, I guess it’s not editing then. It’s some sort of really close frame accurate crash-record from Final Cut Pro which displays this crash record as an Assemble Edit. I guess Apple needs to add another option to their Edit to Tape menu called 1200A Crash Record.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 5, 2005 at 11:25 am in reply to: whats with the screening of postings

    [andrew] “I was talking the other day to a couple of people who post here and they told me that a lot of posting are now being screened for content and that this span story was wash of BS and more about a payola scam, now i now this is a private internet forum, but the screening of postings is a bit much. so whats the deal?”

    Yes, this is a private internet forum and if a post strays outside the Code of Conduct it will be removed. If a post is found to be counterproductive to the Cow, it will be removed. Ron and Kathlyn have built a tremendous creative community here and one of the reasons for that is they monitor all the forums and remove any posts that need to be removed for whatever reason.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 4, 2005 at 7:08 pm in reply to: Problem with matte

    [Kathlyn Lindeboom] “Didn’t we tell you that was one of the drawbacks of being a leader? You must have missed that part in the 800 page contract you signed when you joined the team.”

    I thought when I opted for the full body Creative Cow tatoo the whole “clicking in the head” option was null and void. Dang it, what ELSE did I miss in there?!?!

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 4, 2005 at 7:07 pm in reply to: what’s better sdi or firewire?

    Excellent post steve (or weevie, whichever you prefer). All points well made and you really sum it up for many of the “new generation” facilities, as I like to call them.

    [weevie833] “Your knowledge, Bob, is highly respected by this guy who types as we speak, so don’t think I’m being oppositional for my own self-aggrandizing. I only find that when a facility owner says that their setup is the way everyone else should accommodate, it seems counter-productive.”

    Actually, from all of Bob’s posts I think he’s a sales rep or owner of a VAR, but he’ll let us know for sure.

    Your point in that last statement applies to many sales reps I’ve met in the past as well. Because a multi-million dollar facility has such and such option, then that’s what all the facilities in town must have it too even if you don’t really need it. I now have a single sales rep here in Atlanta that I work with because he listens to my needs and presents good options, not just the most expensive ones.

    He’s David Strupp with the WH Platts Co. and he respects that I’m spending very hard-earned money. Instead of looking to pad his commission, he ensures that I get the right products for my needs at the absolute best price.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 4, 2005 at 6:49 pm in reply to: Problem with matte

    [Kathlyn Lindeboom] “Actually, it would probably be easier just to click on Walter’s head in the leaders’ lineup to find those tutorials”

    Is that why I keep hearing this clicking in my head all day? Man, I wish I knew about that before I went to all those therapy sessions……

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  • Walter Biscardi

    July 4, 2005 at 4:14 pm in reply to: same thread, but this time HDV

    The only thing I’ll add here is that the little bit of HDV I’ve seen does not have near the image quality of DVCPro HD. It looks closer to DV than HD so I’m thinking the codec will not hold up very well at all with filters and graphics renders. The DVCPro HD codec holds up very well with filtering and renders.

    Frame accuracy will certainly be an issue so if you want to stay clean and pristine, and uncompressed workflow will most likely be the way to go with this format.

    With the 1200A (DVCPro HD) you do get frame accurate captures using RS-422 so it’s not an issue there.

    Walter Biscardi, Jr.
    Creative Genius, Biscardi Creative Media
    https://www.biscardicreative.com

    Now in Production, “The Rough Cut,” https://www.theroughcutmovie.com

    “I reject your reality and substitute my own!” – Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Page 1391 of 1462

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy